hours.
"He's well ahead of sched-
ule," said Gene Thacker of
Raeford, N.C., an official of the
U. S. Parachute Assn. who was
monitoring Binnicker's attempt
at a World record.

HW

Yeah, I was the first one to make over 200 jumps in 24 hours(201 in 17 1/2 hours). The ill fitting harness and cold temps(20 degrees,though that would be good for the aircraft,forgot about me) took their toll. Had to get sprayed with novicane on my butt for the last 25 jumps...Woody

That price sheet got me checking, and a quick search of inflation reveals the inflation rate from 1962 to 2007 is 572% meaning prices have increased by a factor of 5.72.

In 2007 dollars a jump to 9,500 in 1962 was $21.45 and to 12,500 was $28.60. To 30k was $57.00. So jump tickets appear to have actually gotten a little cheaper over the years, although a 30k jump for $57.00 would be a good deal now (although you probably would not be required to supply your own O2 gear!)
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

If you're talking about the Lake Erie B-25, I can.

Is this a contest? B|

HW

I'd have to check my log book for one of the guys. He told me that had it not been for a boat picking him up almost immediately after hitting the water he would have been gone as well.
Three guys from my DZ were up there and got on the plane but it was overloaded so they made them get off. They waited for the jumpers to land and the plane to come back but never happened so they headed back to Cincinnati. On the way home they heard what happened. I would have been there as well except for a pryor commitment to Uncle Sugar at the time. Lucky guys.

Bob
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!

According to contemporary newspaper articles, the two who survived (pulled out of the lake) were Robert Coy of Springfield, OH and Bernard Johnson of West Ridgefield, OH.
Two others, Larry Hartman of Fairview Park and Air Force Capt. Alan Homestead of Oberlin, had oxygen, jumped on a separate pass from 20 grand, and landed at Ortner Field, the intended DZ for all.
(I have a lot of .pdf files of newspaper archives of the event, and David Layne kindly sent me some entire original newspaper pages which I've scanned and saved.)

HW