Treejumps

Van Halen jumps into concert?

It was "Cal Jam II" in 1978 in Nor Cal. But it was a demo by four "real" jumpers who landed behind the stage. Then Van Halen came on stage wearing rigs.

I "think" the jumpers were from Pope Valley . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Oh man...WHAT a kill joy Nick!:P

I guess they really weren't flyin' the planes in this either huh?!:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbVcsr8RxZI

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I went to a Van Halen concert in the mid '90s when Sammy Hagar fronted the band. They had one of those huge screens above the stage with video on it and naturally, showed some skydiving big way video during the "Jump" song. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I went to a Van Halen concert...

Yeah, I'm fucking deaf... so sue me...

Things that make ya go HUMMMMM! :ph34r:;)

Can I get a HELL YEAH!?!? :D

I've also been to see AC/DC, The Ramones and Def Leppard, to name a few, but no concerts in the last 10 years. I'm pretty much done. Today's music sucks monkey balls... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've also been to see AC/DC, The Ramones and Def Leppard, to name a few, ...

Let me guess - Def Lepperd was your favorite ?? :P

Kevin

I've also been to see AC/DC, The Ramones and Def Leppard, to name a few, ...

Let me guess - Def Lepperd was your favorite ?? :P

Kevin

Not the favorite, just one of them. And not because of the name... :P Just good rhythms and sounds, but I can't enjoy them as much anymore like I used to.

...but I can't enjoy them as much anymore like I used to.

Changing poopy diapers will do that! :P

Uh no. A damn good dose of Tinnitus will do it. [:/]

Do your ears ring all the time even though you are deaf, Billy? I have permanent tinnitus (sic?) in my left ear and it bugs the shit out of me.

That sucks for you. I have managed to make my Tinnitus go away and keep it away, but I always know I am just a hair away from it coming back. I had it really bad for a year or so in the early 90's.

Maybe do a search on Tinnitus cures? You might be surprised. I saw an article about a cure a couple years ago but can't find it now.

Do your ears ring all the time even though you are deaf, Billy? I have permanent tinnitus (sic?) in my left ear and it bugs the shit out of me.

Wait till it really starts to fill like there's a bug in your ear. [:/] Now, I know they were serious when they issued ear plugs.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

What did you do to cure tinnitis? ...(no peace)....J...

Time... actually, I'm lucky in a way. I got tinnitus just by shoving those tiny little Walkman earphones into my ears and blasting away with hardrock music at full volume. Mind you I was already deaf. I was also using my hearing aids at a higher volume level than really needed. Once the tinnitus hit, I had to take the hearing aids out and set them down. For damn close to a year. B| I have permanent damage in my left ear from the tinnitus and cannot wear a hearing aid in it again, but the right ear is touchy and I have to go easy on it. In noisy places, I turn it off.

Do a search on Tinnitus Cures... there's bound to be some kind of treatment that'll help. Also check with your ENT doctor.

I have had tinnitus since childhood. Never a quiet day in my life. I can pretty much ignore it now.

I have a friend who underwent injections of a statin antibiotic directly into the inner ear (thru the tympanic membrane and spongy bone) which were effective. He had to have several courses but says it is quiet now.

I have several other frequencies due to another condition which I can't ignore. I hear sputtering, locomitives, gongs, rushing, and low humming. I've gotten up in the middle of the night to go outside to look for that asshole idling his piece of junk car outside my window. I woke up in the back-country wondering why I could hear an electrical powerplant. Life can get pretty weird with noises in your head. Just glad it ain't voices!!!

jon

I have had tinnitus since childhood. Never a quiet day in my life. I can pretty much ignore it now.

I have a friend who underwent injections of a statin antibiotic directly into the inner ear (thru the tympanic membrane and spongy bone) which were effective. He had to have several courses but says it is quiet now.

I have several other frequencies due to another condition which I can't ignore. I hear sputtering, locomitives, gongs, rushing, and low humming. I've gotten up in the middle of the night to go outside to look for that asshole idling his piece of junk car outside my window. I woke up in the back-country wondering why I could hear an electrical powerplant. Life can get pretty weird with noises in your head. Just glad it ain't voices!!!

jon

I'm glad I don't have your tinnitus.... that would drive me batshit... [:/]

What did you do to cure tinnitis? ...(no peace)....J...

Time... actually, I'm lucky in a way. I got tinnitus just by shoving those tiny little Walkman earphones into my ears and blasting away with hardrock music at full volume. Mind you I was already deaf. I was also using my hearing aids at a higher volume level than really needed. Once the tinnitus hit, I had to take the hearing aids out and set them down. For damn close to a year. B| I have permanent damage in my left ear from the tinnitus and cannot wear a hearing aid in it again, but the right ear is touchy and I have to go easy on it. In noisy places, I turn it off.

Do a search on Tinnitus Cures... there's bound to be some kind of treatment that'll help. Also check with your ENT doctor.

I hope it now makes sense why I made you and your SO wear ear protection when firing the .460 Weatherby. Being deaf does not make one immune to permanent inner-ear injury.

The shoulder protection was mandatory, as well....

Blue skies,

Winsor
(50 years with tinnitus & counting)

I have tinnitus most all the time. I must be getting used to it, but it doesn't bother me much now.

I think the worst damage I ever did to my ears was in S.F. heavy weapons training. One day I forgot my ear plugs. I didn't want to get kicked out for being a forgetful bastard, so I said I had my plugs. My ears were ringing for days after that.

Then I messed them up further working in a sawmill and the woods. None wore hearing protection back then.

Then I had severe congestion a while back, and that made them really ring.

Then there was all those years hunting without hearing protection. Yes, my hearing is shot!

So, I'm now in the market for some hearing aides. Anyone have any suggestions.....Huh!....What did you say?![:/]....Steve1

I hope it now makes sense why I made you and your SO wear ear protection when firing the .460 Weatherby. Being deaf does not make one immune to permanent inner-ear injury.

The shoulder protection was mandatory, as well....

Blue skies,

Winsor
(50 years with tinnitus & counting)

I had soooo much fun that day! :D:D:D I'll never forget Sandy taking a shot with that shotgun and flying 3 feet back right into my arms. I kinda had a feeling that was going to happen! :D

When can we do it again???? :):):)

I'll never forget Sandy taking a shot with that shotgun and flying 3 feet back right into my arms. I kinda had a feeling that was going to happen! :D

Being unprepared for a 10 gauge 3 1/2" Magnum is a pretty good recipe for winding up on your ass. Good thing you were standing behind her!

Come on down to Houston and we can surely work something out. I have quite a few heavy-hitters that were not out that day (though the .460 and the 10 gauge are a rather good start).

Blue skies,

winsor

Come on down to Houston and we can surely work something out. I have quite a few heavy-hitters that were not out that day (though the .460 and the 10 gauge are a rather good start).

Blue skies,

winsor

Damn, you are quite the nomad... I never know where you are at any one time. I knew you were in Birmingham for a while, and in VA as well (I think).

Houston? Hmm... The Deaf World Record is scheduled this fall at Spaceland, but I doubt I will make it this time.

One of these days... it'll be good seeing you again.