johnb250

Pink Floyd, where is he now??

Does that mean he is dead?!? Anyone knows the story? We were locals at Zhills in the late 80:s and he was always around. Always wondered what happened to him, haven't seen his photos around for ages either.

I heard within the last few years that he was working for a TV station, maybe in Montana. I think someone said they had seen him in Eloy where he was just passing through. I don't think he is still jumping. I have a lot of his pictures from Z-hills back in the day. He really did some nice work.

I met Dave Floyd, aka Pink Floyd out at Baldwin Wis, prior to him moving down to Z-Hills. I was 17 yrs old jumping a Mark I Paracommander and he was trying to sell me an SST Racer with the velcro pud, aka dildoe, for a pullout PC. I believe it had a Strato Star in it. That rig was considered hard core and beyond me.

He made quite an impression when him and JQ rolled out of Q's car when they first pulled up to the hanger. They stumbled out of the car and rolled onto the ground with a bottle of booze in hand. Randy Iverson, the drop zone owner at that time, was a bit concerned about drinking and smoking pot prior to jumping.

They convinced Randy that they were just fine and Pink made a jump with me. I had a mal on that jump and landed in local cemetary under a Super 22 reserve

That was in 1980? or so.

Time sure does fly!

Any photos of Pink?***

He looked like this in the eighties.

Really small? (cheech voice)

Sorry about that...He just got bigger:)

Here's a beer from a case bought by Pink on the last day at Phoenix/Zhills (1995). I have no idea why I kept it all this time. Probably to old to open it and drink it now..:P

1980.......The plan was to meet at Floyd's house(St. Paul, MN) early in the morning, watch the very first space shuttle take off on TV, then, hop in my van and drive to Z-Hills for the Easter Boogie. As fate would have it, the shuttle was delayed due to weather. It would not take off for another 24 hours.

We all looked at each other and said, "24 hours? Hell, we can make it to Florida by then if we speed all the way. We drove pretty fast, made it on time to see the very first shuttle lift off. Very Cool.

We spent the rest of the week jumping at Z-Hills. Dave loved it and didn't ever want to leave. He came back home with us but moved there shortly after that. I don't think he ever looked back. The few times we saw him after that, Z-Hills was all he talked about.

If you find him, tell him Livieri says hello.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."