Tink1717

Wally Gubbins

Does anyone know whatever became of the guy behind the Wally Gubbins, series of videos back in the 80's? I was watching "The Wally Stuff" last night and was curious as to whatever became of hiim.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It was my impression that Pete Reynolds was with the R.A.F. Falcons. I also thought he quit jumping and went to live in Australia. Of course I might be wrong, however I am not wrong in saying that Wally Gubbins was some funny stuff and years ahead of its time.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

I do remember reading that he was an active duty officer in the British military, don't remember what branch. He would use his leave time to film.

Did he really quit jumping and move to Australia?

Who was the videographer? Joe Jennings comes to mind, but I don't think that's right. Anyone know?

Who was the videographer? Joe Jennings comes to mind, but I don't think that's right.

Wally Gubbin's isn't American!

Leo Dickinson filmed it, he's also done a lot of climbing and kayaking adventure films, as well as the first hot air balloon flight over everest.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"Wally Gubbins" is a compilation of two British phrases. A play on words. A "Wally" is a fool, a wanker if you like. "Gubbins" is something whose name is either forgotten or not known, something like "dohickey"
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Who was the videographer? Joe Jennings comes to mind, but I don't think that's right.

Wally Gubbin's isn't American!

Leo Dickinson filmed it, he's also done a lot of climbing and kayaking adventure films, as well as the first hot air balloon flight over everest.

Uhhh..., thanks, I think, for helping me remember a name. I don't seem to recall any mention of nationality when asking for his name...

Ah! Thanks for sharing all that info about him. Glad he's not dead! Wish he would make some more films. I watched Wally Goes Tropical the other night...
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Yep. Pete Reynolds is (was) Wally Gubblins.

Leo Dickinson did the filming.

I thought a couple guy played the part of Wally. Pete Primarily.

Don't forget the musical talents of "Fester and the Vomits"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

A drinking buddy at my local turned out to be Sharky (as in Sharky Sheridon ex Freds) - he was also involved with the Wally films - there is a exclent clip on Sykdiving movies of him trying to do AFF L1 with Richard Branson.

Sharky is currently out in the Middle East doing 'stuff' hasn't jumped for a awhile. Will see if I can get more!

Ashley