Bsquared

Sibling Freefall or CRW records

I quit jumping back in 1989 when the career thing got in the way, and just stumbled on this forum recently. I have just spent hours reading about names and events that I have not thought of in years..... what a hoot!!!

Back in the mid 1970's in Xenia Ohio there were a number of brothers that were active in RW. One weekend we did a series of jumps to set a record for the most sets of siblings in one formation. We completed a 10-way round out of a Beech 18 flown by "Dudley" Downing with 5 sets of brothers....myself and my brother Kirk, Johnny and Bobby Steele, the Madison brothers, Dave and Jay Johnson and another set of brothers who's name I cannot recall.

My question is, has this "unofficial" record ever been broken.

Yes
We broke it last year with a 12 way during SkyFest at Spaceland.

We are doing it again this year.

We call it the 2nd generation. We actually had 2nd and 3rd generations on the dive.

This may be a bit different but it is only for the Kids of skydivers.

We are going for a 20 way this year.

Come join us!!

Back in the Mid 80's the four brothers i started jumping with got togehter for a four way filmed by the late Chuck Erne. As far as we know there have never been four brothers in freefall at the same time. Dan, Tim, Paul, and Sean Hagan. Dan is the only one still active and jumps at Cleveland.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Back in the Mid 80's the four brothers i started jumping with got togehter for a four way filmed by the late Chuck Erne. As far as we know there have never been four brothers in freefall at the same time. Dan, Tim, Paul, and Sean Hagan. Dan is the only one still active and jumps at Cleveland.

That's pretty cool. I have three brothers all of whom jumped at least a few times. We never did it together though, just one of them and me. Would have been great to have all four of us involved at the same time :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

My brother Kirk and I made a number of jumps together, but we also have an older brother Keith who was on the AF Academy team in the late 1960's. He made about 1100 jumps and won the collegiates several times in accuracy and spinning & looping (style). Neither of us had a chance to jump with him since his AF flight duties keep him from actively jumping.

Charlie, Joel, Jeff, and Zach Mullins

IIRC, the only time I have seen Andrea Mullins make a skydive she did so with the three younger ones.

That would make a mom+3 kids 4 way.

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

Update....pic attached
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Nothing to add to the thread, but i like your D license number :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In the early 80's at Mcgee Ms, my brother Don and I were in a 4way with two other brothers. I cant remember the other fellers names, but I remember
a couple other things about the dive....I closed 4th (which was a big deal for me since I fell like a greased pig tied to an anvil) and at the end of the dive I tossed out a total malf on the main...after which the pilot chute wrapped in the reserve lines and held the reserve closed for a few seconds. That'll make yer butt pucker up like a buggy hub!:o

Update....pic attached

Very nice, I wish I had a shot like that with my brothers. All 4 of us have jumped, but not all at the same time. I have a number of jumps with one of them, but none with the other two who did not continue long enough for RW.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

I have some vague memories of an all brothers leap at Z'hills back in 74 or 75 during a turkey boogie.
I think there were 11 of us, four pairs of brothers and one trio. I think we got a 9-way out of it with one low and one on wrists when the star broke.
I've been looking for the old logbooks from back when, but haven't located them yet.
Seems like BJ Worth and his brother were on the load.
We didn't all jump together, but I was on a couple of all-family Cessna loads where we tossed out my dad and another sibling on static lines, then went up to 7,500 feet for a two way with my brother Perry.
Six from my family made some jumps.
Zing Lurks

I have some vague memories of an all brothers leap at Z'hills back in 74 or 75 during a turkey boogie.
I think there were 11 of us, four pairs of brothers and one trio. I think we got a 9-way out of it with one low and one on wrists when the star broke.
I've been looking for the old logbooks from back when, but haven't located them yet.
Seems like BJ Worth and his brother were on the load.
We didn't all jump together, but I was on a couple of all-family Cessna loads where we tossed out my dad and another sibling on static lines, then went up to 7,500 feet for a two way with my brother Perry.
Six from my family made some jumps.

74 or 75??? I must know you... PM me if you don't want to broadcast your name. I have a few jumps with BJ also. He wasn't so famous yet, but a good jumper to say the least. I jumped with Roger and Carl Nelson and may have a jump with them and my brother Ted at the same time, so 4 brothers, but two pair rather than family. I don't think Ted and I were on the jump you mention, but we could have been. I do not have my logs from then (stolen with my riggers kit), so I can't check that way.

I very well may have just forgotten too. Jim Hooper hooked me up with a guy who sent me a shot of a 21 man night star at Z-Hills. I didn't remember it at all, but Jim said my name was down in his log book as a participant. When I received the shot, sure enough there I was and still can't remember the jump :S

If you find your logs, please post back here.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

The Cdn 4-way team at the world's last year was RW legend Michel Lemay and 2 of his sons with another jumper.

You may have seen an article about them in Canpara this month, and there was a small article last year.

Since last year a new son has joined and they are expecting to do even better in international competition.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone