JnL

Skies Call

Funny that those books are being mentioned again, I have book 1 and 2 at the house that I got from my old man. They are actually some really interesting reads, and the camera gear was something to shake you head at!! ie no way am I jumping that gear. Blue Ones

This is very interesting... I just bought Skies Call and Skies Call 2 from a used bookseller through Amazon.com. Do a search for Skies Call and you will find several hits of varying levels of condition. I think that Amazon has new copies of one of them as well.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The copies of Skies Call 1 and 2 that I ordered just arrived on Christmas Eve. I've spent a bit of time looking through them again...pretty cool. How did anybody survive the gear of the seventies???

I am wondering if anybody knows of Andy Keech's whereabouts these days. I am guessing that he would be in the vicinity of 65-70 years old unless he started jumping very young.

It's interesting that there really haven't been that many photo books done since the last Skies Call. Zwischen Himmel und Erde and Norm Kent's book are the only two that I can think of. Given the huge changes in the sport in the 90's, it would be great if somebody chronicled the Freefly Revolution in photos as well as all the video that is done on every jump these days.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Murray

I recently got the whole set through Amazon.com. They have a network of used book dealers. The Skies Call series seems to be readily available.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I got my local university library (Kansas State) to get me a copy of Skies Call 3 from another university library through their interlibrary loan dept. Of course I couldn't keep it but it was the only one I hadn't seen at the time, and I sure enjoyed it for the three weeks I had it. Might be a possibility for those just wanting to look them over.

Always remember, when you get where you're going, there you are!

I am wondering if anybody knows of Andy Keech's whereabouts these days. I am guessing that he would be in the vicinity of 65-70 years old unless he started jumping very young.

Andy Keech is in Washington, DC...you can check him out on his website: www.LittleWingWonder.com
I've been chatting with him and he's great!

>I've been chatting with him and he's great!

Yes, he is.

In the category of it's-a-small-world I was coming
back from Australia once in 1976, and it turned out
that not only was he on the same flight but we were
sitting next to each other.

He was one of the people I used to read about in
Skydiver Magazine when I was first starting.

Skr