tube9999

Balloon jumps???

My wifes friend did a balloon ride with this crazy dude www.professormuldoon.com/hotair.htm and he said he was going to let me jump but I never did.

You might want to take down that link, balloon pilots with a living to make from it, probably do not want to be mentioned in the same breath as illegal balloon jumps on an open forum, especially when it didnt even happen.

NB: I am thinking from a UK perspective, however I am sure the US has similar rules and regulation.

My wifes friend did a balloon ride with this crazy dude --link-- and he said he was going to let me jump but I never did.

You might want to take down that link, balloon pilots with a living to make from it, probably do not want to be mentioned in the same breath as illegal balloon jumps on an open forum, especially when it didnt even happen.

NB: I am thinking from a UK perspective, however I am sure the US has similar rules and regulation.

He can't, now. You quoted it :P

How is it illegal?

Maybe illegal is the wrong word, however in the UK (as I stated I was looking from a UK perspective) parachuting from aircraft (including balloons) is governed and controlled by the BPA and CAA, and as such, making jumps from balloons without the necessary authority can lead to the balloon pilot loosing his licence.

I have made several bandit jumps from balloons, and having spoken to a lot of pilots to find the right ones, many are very anal about the rules and regulations, and will not risk their licence to allow you to jump from their balloon. Again, my experience is only in the UK.

The pilots I have found open to the arrangement are "fun" pilots and not ones that have a livelyhood attached to their craft. Thus in my experience, people in business, may not want to be attached to the fact they are open to the jumping from their balloon without the necessary arrangements.

That was the point of my post.

Yes, quoting the post seems to have the reverse effect in removing the company. :$

Hey, why do I care, its not my business, its not even my country, and making bandit jumps from balloons is a lot of fun!

Jump and have fun....

:)

just head out to perris, they have multiple balloon companies there that will take you up. the pilots are jumpers themselfs, and you can even take two pin rigs!

Perris is quite far for me, and to be honest, I have a pretty solid method of getting balloon jumps sorted... of course, with safety in mind, its also with a single parachute system ;)