TriangleSky

CASA Thanksgiving Boogie

Was a fun couple days...but not at all what was advertised...might as well of been a normal day of jumping...not a boogie.

Bads:

-No beer on the airport
-No camping
-No Casa resulting in no high altitude jumps or high speed passes(the whole reason we drove 5 hours)
-Night jumps were 25 dollars more than a normal jump, IMHO, the dropzone should furnish the strobes...and maybe charge a bit more for the glow sticks...but not 45$ for a jump...if you advertise it...be ready to do it, we were going to 13,500...not like it cost the DZ anymore money to put a load up at night then during the day.
-First loads of the days were NOT 19$ as advertised, seeing as I was on two of them. 24 a pop
-Lastly a minor thing, but there were 4-5 packing weights to be shared among 40-50 people

Goods:
-Cool people and a nice small dropzone feel with a big plane
-Good outs and consciousness of off landing jumpers
-Stocked fridge

In all it was a fun weekend, and got to do 6 jumps, but nothing I did there, I couldnt have at my home dropzone 4 hours closer. id say, if you cant do what you advertise, let people know, and try to do something extra to make up for it, its a boogie, people are traveling for it, make it worth the time. Sorry if that seems rude, but its just how I felt about it.[:/]

-Evo

Zoo Crew

The Casa was a no show at another boogie I was at this year and possibly was at others. When aircraft don't show, there is usually nothing a dz can do at that time as all other aircraft available are generally in use. Given the limited number of companies that lease aircraft for special events, they may not have many choices for next time too.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

A Skyvan bailed on us at the last minute at a boogie this year. It took about a year to line it up, so when it bails when the boogie is 3 weeks away, there is not much to be done. A least the aircraft owner provided an Otter to take the Skyvan's place.

Not having the CASA must have sucked, did the DZ let people know ahead of time that it wasn't coming? We at least tried to put the word out so people wouldn't travel just for the Skyvan.

- Dan G

A Skyvan bailed on us at the last minute at a boogie this year. It took about a year to line it up, so when it bails when the boogie is 3 weeks away, there is not much to be done. A least the aircraft owner provided an Otter to take the Skyvan's place.

Not having the CASA must have sucked, did the DZ let people know ahead of time that it wasn't coming? We at least tried to put the word out so people wouldn't travel just for the Skyvan.

Not even a night-of post on DZ.com

and to completely trick us out of $19 lift tickets on the 8:00 am load because there weren't enough people for the 8:00 am load... that's just bad customer service. Its $5 bucks but they advertised it and THAT is the problem.

Plus $45 night jumps? Then charging for strobes and glow sticks...Gimme a break!

From what I heard Casa was supposed to be available Thurs but they were told it would be not available until Saturday. Thursday it was not needed IMO and Friday only a few loads went up due to high winds.

Saturday and Sunday it could have been highly utilized.

A Casa was seen at a nearby airport that weekend.

At the other boogie, the story was similar that it would be there for the weekend but they mentioned maintenance as the delay and then stopped answering the phone. [:/]

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

When aircraft don't show, there is usually nothing a dz can do at that time as all other aircraft available are generally in use.

This is true b/c the plane is far away (at another boogie or airport) and cannot be flown to its intended destination. In this situation the CASA was being used as a runway paper weight 5 mintues down the road. Pretty frustrating when you travel from several hours away...

ZC OG

I might have taken it slightly far but surely you agree that some compensation, even $5 off a lift ticket on the first load LIKE ADVERTISED would have been appropriate.

Other than that, everything went smooth and Debbie manifests like a champion so a big Him Him to her!