Cacophony

First Line Over

I had a line-over that cleared on its own. This provides yet another example as to why you should jump a Sabre;) Not sure how I packed it. I've never done that before. I must have been in a hurry. It made for an excellent video. You can see the entire thing as it comes out. I can tell that it was between the C and D lines.

Had that happen on one jump too. Think I got some lines out of place when pulling the tail round the packjob I'm more careful with that now, and openings have been more consistent since. Would sure like to see the video. Can you computerize and post/upload to ftp.skydivingmovies.com so that we can see...?

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I have had one that cleared. And one that didn't. I don't think to much can be attributed to the canopy..... just luck.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

ok...what exactly is a line over. I watched the video that was uploaded to skydivingmovies but I couldn't figure out what happened.

It's just what it sounds like, a line ends up over the canopy and causes it to deform. From there, it can fly poorly, spin, or just plain not fly at all. The usual cause of line overs seems to be letting the nose get around the brake lines when packing. Tom Aiello has a video and some stills of a lineover (left brake line) on a BASE jump here.

ok...what exactly is a line over. I watched the video that was uploaded to skydivingmovies but I couldn't figure out what happened.

Don't you remember from your first hour of AFF, and you live in Forest Grove but have Kapow as your home DZ? You've got Skydive Oregon right here, you know. I bet ALF was your idea. ;)

- Mac

Sorry to here that a skydiver dont know what a lineover is.Pleace stay on the ground,until you have got prober instruction of how to skydive,or els..sorry i`ll thing you WILL be a Statistc.
Be Safe!!!
Stefan Faber

Stay safe
Stefan Faber