MarcusS

Which DZ in November?

OK everyone. With the weather being pretty much continuous rain in the UK for ths past few months, there are a group of us planning a trip to sunnier climates in November for a couple of weeks. The plan was originally to fly to phoenix for a week at Skydive Arizona then to travel over to LA for a week in Perris. It has been suggested that LA weather in November may not be much better than the UK??!!?? The question is (for those of you local to the areas), if you're looking for as much jumping as possible, would you spend 2 weeks solid in Arizona, 2 weeks in LA or mix it up? I've not jumped in either location, so have no idea?

Sugestions Anyone?

Eloy. There is also the Airspeed 4way skills Camp.

"We are extremely please to announce the dates for the famous Airspeed 4 Way Skills Camp:

November 18 - 22nd 2008
March 10 - 14th 2009

We have been running these camps for many years and the use of the tunnel in the Skills Camps have elevated the experience of campers. We also have made some changes to the camp, our main focus has been making the food better."

Email Todd Hawkins todd AT airspeed.org if you might be interested. I went last year and had a blast and will be attending one of the two listed just not sure which one.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Phew. You got me a little concerned there for a minute......we're all freeflyers looking to get as many jumps as possible. Having a 4-way camp whilst we're there means less available slots than usual, hence less jumping! The reason for the relief is that we're planning to go from 1st until 15th November !!;)

Having a 4-way camp whilst we're there means less available slots than usual, hence less jumping!

:D

You do realize the DZ has 3 Twin otters and 4 Skyvans, plus a few other toys? ;)

Seriously, the Airspeed camps typically use up 1 full plane (could be more, could be less).

November is, in my opinion, a sweet spot for skydiving in AZ: not so hot anymore, and the weather is even more stable then in january.

If you goal is to jump, and jump alot, AZ is the best bet. Less to do around the DZ, but less chance to be weathered out. For FF, Amy seems to be taking the lead for organizing these days: email her if you want to set something up like coaching; she could either do it, or hook you guys up with another of the FFer there.

Perris/Elsinore have alot more ot do around the DZ, but, I've had to deal with weather more often there in fall (morning fog, more clouds). Dont know the FF crew there, but I'm sure someone could chime in.

You would have a good time at all these places.
Remster

LOL....:ph34r:. It's not normally that bad on a regular weekend, but I suppose it depends what you're used to. I normally expect 6-8 jumps a day at Hinton, but I know where you're coming from (it's not much fun when it gets busy and you only get 2 in all day, which is what a busy event can do for ya!).

When on my holidays however I aim to do more than 10 a day if possible.... I'm always the one saying "just one more" when everyone else is ready to go for a beer!:$

Phew. You got me a little concerned there for a minute......we're all freeflyers looking to get as many jumps as possible. Having a 4-way camp whilst we're there means less available slots than usual, hence less jumping! The reason for the relief is that we're planning to go from 1st until 15th November !!;)

Then it will be even worse. 200+ Germans occupying all available planes at that time. ;-)
My Logbook

That should be a nice sight: 200 towels flying out of the doors @ 20k ;-)

Aircraft capacity shouldn't be a problem, they will have 9 planes for us and we will only use them 3-5 times a day, but finding accommodation should be a challenge.
My Logbook

doc and i will be at perris and elsinore nov 5th - 11th...with most of our time probably in elsinore as we are very familiar with the dz and the folks there;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!