Bill_K

Closest DZ's to Orlando?

You pretty much have a dz to choose from in every direction, all within about an hour. There's jumping in DeLand all week. I think Z-hills takes off a couple weekdays now that the season is slower, at least they've done so in the past. Lake Wales and Titusville are close also, but I don't know about weekday jumping at those dz's.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks Skymama... I'm still bumm'n that I did not get to meet you at Dublin...

How is Lake Wales? That seems pretty close, I'm trying to find something that will allow the family to do their thing and me to do mine. I may work it out to do it on a Friday or Saturday too.

Any tunnel packages that you might be aware of? I need some more tunnel time too... can't ever have to much of that.

I've been to Lake Wales once, but it was a few years ago. Depending on where you're staying, it might be the closest. There's nothing that I know of that is wrong with it, I just don't have any friends who jump there so that is why I don't go there more often.

I also don't know of any tunnel packages, but you can pm a dz.commer named Paige. She's an Orlando tunnel rat and can probably give you the low-down.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just got back from Lake Wales a few minutes ago. Its a great little DZ, I got five jumps there today. I would call though about jumping during the week.

I got this e-mail from Skydive Sebastian you might be interested in:

Wacky Wednesday - "Hump day Special"
May 16th & June 13th

Come on out for some mid-week fun. Test your skills and learn new ones. All levels welcome.

If you're not working or can develop a mysterious headache around noon, come on out and join us!

Full altitude for only $18! FREE organizing and the otter.

Harry Parker will be available for load organizing at 2pm.

After jumping, a BBQ and a skydiving movie!

Don't miss out on this opportunity to have the DZ to ourselves, make some great jumps and make Saturday come that much quicker.

We're planning on scheduling more mid-week fun throughout the summer season!

Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

Close to Orlando:

Deland
ZHills
Sebastian
Lake Wales
Titusville

Give each a call and see about their weekdays. Deland or ZHills would probably be the busiest during the week. Sebastian though is just a few miles from some beaches, so your family could probably hang out on the beach while your jumped.

Deland may be your best bet if the family wants to hang in Orlando while you jumped though.

You pretty much have a dz to choose from in every direction, all within about an hour. There's jumping in DeLand all week. I think Z-hills takes off a couple weekdays now that the season is slower, at least they've done so in the past. Lake Wales and Titusville are close also, but I don't know about weekday jumping at those dz's.

Z-Hills is closed Tuesday and Wednesday during the summer
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Sebastian is closed on Tuesdays during the summer. If you're gonna be in Orlando all week, hit up Sebastian at least one of those days: you can't beat the view!

I don't think Lake Wales does very much during the week: I was there on a Friday and no one was jumping.

Deland is probably the closest, but that depends where in Orlando you'll be.

Avoid Lake Wales and Titusville.
Lake Wales is pretty dead on a regular basis.
Titusville has turned tandem factory. Many of there jumpers hit Sebastian now.

Sebastian is an amazing place to go, but can be slow during the week. 1.5 Hr from Orlando.

Deland is Deland, the vibe there has improved much lately. They jump pretty much as long as the weather is nice. 45m-1hr from Orlando.

Zhills has a great vibe and always has something going on. 1.5hr from Orlando.

All these DZ's are turning during the weekend, but it can be hit or miss during the week in summer (except Deland normally). Sebastian is my personal favorite between the view, the people and the vibe. If you are looking to unload the family, Daytona Beach is 20 minutes from Deland and there is plenty to do there. Tampa is close to Zhills, 30m or so, plenty to do there too. Not a lot near Sebastian besides the beaches.

I have personal reasons for not jumping Lake Wales, but ask most people and they will tell you its slow and not a lot going on. At least thats what I hear. Titusville has some good people there, but management is trying to do the factory thing.

Call before going to any of the DZ's. I would suggest Deland during the week and Sebastian during the weekend.

Derek

I just don't have any friends who jump there

Yes you do.

If you are staying around DisneyWorld, that is exit 65 on I-4. 10 miles west to exit 55 and then about 25 south on Hwy 27 is Lake Wales. If you are staying on the east side of Orlando, Titusville would be closer, again about 35 miles. Z-Hill goes down to about Exit 18 (?) or so (it's the one after exit 22 going west. Already made that mistake, thank you very much.), then about 15 miles north. About sixty miles from the World.

Lake Wale is closed Mon and Tue now, open Wed by appointment only. Call before you go. As already stated, Z-Hills is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.