xlh883

WFFC 2007 planning questions

Hi everyone.

First question: is WFFC too busy/dangerous or way too much for the A licensed jumper that may/may not get his B license in time?

Second question:

I have the opportunity to fly myself to WFFC with a private plan flown by me and camp out under the wing. Is this practical to do as in is there a place to park the plane and camp close to the activities and is it woo risky for me to even fly the plane in to the airport during the event. Night time would probably be preferable for flying in and out. Flying in would be a blast to me so that I could combine my favorite 2 activities. If I don't fly, would possibly take the Harley and camp that way.

TIA,

David

I would check on tie downs. It will get windy at times. Last year was pretty bad.
the weather was the worst in years

Hmmm sounds like a VERY good reason to fly out to Montana for the Lost Prairie Boogie.. the one with the perfect weahter for skydiving... lots of people fly in and tie down along the runway during the boogie.:)

Hey! Thanks for asking about the WFFC! Yes, you can fly your plane and camp out under the wings, close to the swoop pond. Bring tie downs. LOTS of people do this, and there are hot showers and amenities close by.
My hubby has just about the same exact number of jumps you have, and loves to jump at the WFFC, so don't feel nervous about your level of proficiency. I would suggest that you check in with the Load Organizing tents, and talk to Gary Peek. He regularly posts on dz.com under PEEK. He will hook you up with some one to guide you to a safe and fun WFFC. Our load organizers are all free, so use them alot, that's what they are there for!
Email me with any additional questions [email protected], or ask questions on our website and get answers from experienced attendees.
www.freefall.com
but yea, go to all of those other boogies, too! We'll see you there!
Beth
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

YEA what Beth said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take that you guys...
Although I will be attending some of those events myself, he was asking about FreeFall...;)
lt

And David if you do have any problems or just want to get more advice when you are there, stop by the AFF tent and we will be glad to help any way we can.
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

Thanks for all the info everyone. I want to go to every boogie I can this year, but I don't know which ones will actually happen due to work and money constraints though. I figured I could mix my two favorite things to do by flying from Ohio to Illinois for the weekend of fun.

We will see what others I can make as time goes on.

David

Thanks for all the info everyone. I want to go to every boogie I can this year, but I don't know which ones will actually happen due to work and money constraints though. We will see what others I can make as time goes on.
David

David, if you can not make SkyFest in Texas then go to WFFC or even Lost Prairie.! :P;)They are a major part of skydiving history and assist in giving back to the sport.
However SkyFest has agreed in taking some of its specialty events to the WFFC this year!!
And once you check out SF's website you will understand how we can make you very comfortable at either boogie.
Which ever you go to we can get your first 8 way dive (SCR) and maybe a chance to jump with 19 ladies and get your Pink Patch!! Only about 18 men have that patch. www.skyfestboogie.com
Oh loudtom, take that!;););):)
Be safe out there!!
J

I agree with Beth. I've flown in myself a few times. Just be sure to call ahead to get clearance from the convention as the airport is closed unless you have Prior Permission- no big deal, they'll give you a code and a frequency, it's really easy to get in and the Airboss will help you out.
Also the airport is closed completely from sunset to sunrise, so plan to arrive during daylight hours (easy enough in the summer).