Amazon

Lost Prairie 2007 40th Anniversary Boogie

I'm going to be brave and get this thread going again, despite what has happened recently. :( It's hard to think of the Prairie with an uncomplete family, but now we have something else to look forward to this year...ONE HELL OF A KICK ASS PARTY!!! You know that it's what the two instructors would want, so let's give them one. Anybody with me on this one?

"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Hey Stacey, I am definately with you on this one. I didnnt personally know the people invovled but like you said Im sure they woul have wanted ONE KICK ASS PARTY. Lets give them what they want. See you soon

Kyle

The Sky's not the limit, the ground is. Fear Nothing, Regret Less.

I'm with ya girl. Let's make this the best boogie ever.

I just painted my toes and added some "bling" just for LP ... some nice red cherries. There'll be more at the boogie. Yes, Dave, even for you. :P

Let's keep this thread going the way it has been. We owe the LP boogie that much. Fred LOVES the numbers. And the numbers here are looking good!

'Shell

As the "Official, Unofficial Entertainment Director" of LP for many years it will be my duty to uphold tradition.
We will party our asses off, go to the fire tower, funnel a Mad John load, drink way too much Lang, hold many poker games, smoke smelly cigars, tell tired old jokes and no shit there I was stories, recall the days when Shell666 and yours truly wowed the crowd with our bar dives, call at least 15 people "Dickheads", drink too much tekillya, make fun of Canuckians, Eh!, tell at least 5 Littleman jokes, spend way too much of a morning being ill in a smelly little green port o potty, hear really stupid stories by the fire, beg Stinky to keep the bar open at least for 2 more hours at 3 AM, listen to Pete Hill and Jag's worn out screams, pie a new jumper or two, hang out at the dock on a couple lake loads, throw a few Canuckians in the lake during those times, have a breakfast at the Saddle Tramp, moon the girls in Camp Canada, sing songs that only make sense to us, see lots of friends you like better than your own relatives...and...
Toast to our friends with heartfelt love...

See you guys soon...

funnel a Mad John load

Just one? I have much higher aspirations than that!

I know I'm just a Prairie noob compared to those of you who have been going for years and years, but the two years I've been to LP have some very special memories. I have absolutely no doubt that we will create some amazing new ones this year, and keep those we've lost close in our hearts.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just painted my toes and added some "bling" just for LP ... some nice red cherries. There'll be more at the boogie. Yes, Dave, even for you. :P

Bling for me? :$:S:D

Blues,
Dave

Only on your big toes. Name your polish colour and I'll make sure I have some handy. ;)
'Shell

On that note of tradition, I nominate Turtle to sing a solo during the Cocks about, well, you know ;) It won't ever be as good as Joel's last year[:/], but I have faith in him!

"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

What's the best airport to fly into? Spokane, Missoula, and Glacier are all about the same cost.

I'd be quite surprised to not find Spokane substantially cheaper, but if you're getting the same price, Glacier is only 30ish miles from LP. Missoula is over a hundred miles, and Spokane is over 200.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

As the "Official, Unofficial Entertainment Director" of LP for many years it will be my duty to uphold tradition.
We will party our asses off, go to the fire tower, funnel a Mad John load, drink way too much Lang, hold many poker games, smoke smelly cigars, tell tired old jokes and no shit there I was stories, recall the days when Shell666 and yours truly wowed the crowd with our bar dives, call at least 15 people "Dickheads", drink too much tekillya, make fun of Canuckians, Eh!, tell at least 5 Littleman jokes, spend way too much of a morning being ill in a smelly little green port o potty, hear really stupid stories by the fire, beg Stinky to keep the bar open at least for 2 more hours at 3 AM, listen to Pete Hill and Jag's worn out screams, pie a new jumper or two, hang out at the dock on a couple lake loads, throw a few Canuckians in the lake during those times, have a breakfast at the Saddle Tramp, moon the girls in Camp Canada, sing songs that only make sense to us, see lots of friends you like better than your own relatives...and...

See you guys soon...

And there you have it. A synopsis of EVERY LP that's meant anything to me. And it will take us the ENTIRE boogie to relive the stories within this story.

I'll meet you at the bar, Big Bro. First story's on you ... first drink's on me.

And you better make it a GOOD one! :)
Love you lots. See you soon! xoxoxo
'Shell

Hey, do you really have 3500 jumps? I seem to remember a "visiting Fireman" with about 350. One of us is getting older.

madjohn:P

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

See you guys soon...

And there you have it. A synopsis of EVERY LP that's meant anything to me. And it will take us the ENTIRE boogie to relive the stories within this story.

I'll meet you at the bar, Big Bro. First story's on you ... first drink's on me.

An synopsis worthy of being made into a song. Maybe a Cock's song...so that we could totally butcher it and still...suck less!

What's the best airport to fly into? Spokane, Missoula, and Glacier are all about the same cost.

Like McBeth said, Glacier is closest and you can call the DZ a little ahead of time to see if someone will be "in town" and might be able to offer you a ride (beer fee required in most cases).
As for Missoula, there's a few real friendly skydivers from that area that you might bum a ride from (sorry I'm not one of them, I'll be driving 21 plus hours from WI).
A lot of people fly into Spokane and rent a car to finish the trip. You might be able to split the costs with someone...

Maybe this was more than you needed to know... Hope it helped!

See you guys soon...

An synopsis worthy of being made into a song. Maybe a Cock's song...so that we could totally butcher it and still...suck less!

Give it a go! It can't be any worse than some of the other songs they've come up with over the years! :D
'Shell

Hey, do you really have 3500 jumps? I seem to remember a "visiting Fireman" with about 350. One of us is getting older.

No. I really have 42,376 jumps like George Foreman!!! (and you ARE old if you just got this joke)!!!!!;)

No. I really have 42,376 jumps like George Foreman!!! (and you ARE old if you just got this joke)!!!!!;)

Oh shit .... I'm old .... :D:D:D:D:D
'Shell