jrpraeter

Richmond "THE" Boogie 2006

Serious question here:

I want to go to Richmond for right now but I am concerned I may get overwhelmed having never been to a boogie and never having jumped with anyone but instructors. My jump count is pretty low.

Is there a place for us low-timers and would I be able to start learning RW there?

All I have jumped out of are Otters, so I am pretty sure that part won't be a problem.

Thanks,

David

Is there a place for us low-timers and would I be able to start learning RW there?

Yes we have two low timer LO's that will be working with groups anywhere from 3 to 10 ways.
Depending on your level of flying and comfort level.

If you get here for the early weekdays you can get some good jumps in without a ton of jumpers in the air.

I'm sure you will have a good time and we have people wanting to work with jumpers like you.
See ya in a week.:)
`
SWC
"If you see me pull my main, pull your reserve!" - Scotty Carbone

Sun up for the most part, Mullins starts turn'n the blades at 7am.:)If this is your first boogie, don't forget your case o beer!:P LOL anyway you should plan to camp out or pass out in the hanger and get the most of your boogie experence. Your in for a blast.B|

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

THanks for the info.

I would stay for the entire time, but my Dad jsut passed away last week and my Mom is naturally having a very hard time with it. I want to be available in case she needs me. I am living with her for right now to try to take care of things here at home.

She doesn't want me to skydive at all becuase something might happen to me.

I know I am a grown man, but I can't leave my family like that. We made a compromise. I will probably go to the boogie 2 separate days. I also want to hit Greene County to. Gotta make the rounds before the season comes to an end. Or does it end in Ohio? I have only been back in town for about 4 weeks now and haven't jumped here yet.

Imade it out to Skydive Columnbus Ohio and did the paperwork Saturday. It will be a big change from juming Otters, but it is close.

David

We only let upper level students jump on Wed-Thurs
and a big maybe early Friday morning.(no LV-1's)
The student needs to be in the higher levels of the progression. By Friday noon time it is to busy for the most part for "students".

`
"If you see me pull my main, pull your reserve!" - Scotty Carbone

also, try the DZ over in Franklin IN for a helicopter. Dick shurely should have gotten squared away by now to fly jumpers from the helicopter he bought to fly jumpers.

Your right, he absolutely should have gotten it squared away to fly jumpers by now, but he hasn't, and probably never will. He didn't buy the helicopter to fly jumpers, and thus has no great drive to get himself commercially certified to fly jumpers. It's his (very expensive) toy and that's probably all it will ever be. Don't hold your breath. :P

Seriously folks, whoever's running this thing has to know what the jump ticket price is going to be by now. Sure would be nice if you could fill us in. :|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

The main wild party you might be refering to was when our USPA board of directors trashed the Holiday Inn getting skull numbers off Ottleys head.It was a Boggie first , then a boogie as my now long gone T-shirt used to say from 72. USPA had the nationals there a few times, but the weather didnt help . The Okies cried for them to go back there "It might be blowing 35 knots and we would still be jumping ,but we arent being rained on" Thanks to the great job by Steve and Janie we got our great boogie back. I have been to all of them and hope to be for a long time to come.

The main wild party you might be refering to was when our USPA board of directors trashed the Holiday Inn getting skull numbers off Ottleys head.It was a Boggie first , then a boogie as my now long gone T-shirt used to say from 72. USPA had the nationals there a few times, but the weather didnt help . The Okies cried for them to go back there "It might be blowing 35 knots and we would still be jumping ,but we arent being rained on" Thanks to the great job by Steve and Janie we got our great boogie back. I have been to all of them and hope to be for a long time to come.

Larry, we just have to have jumped together... I think the boogie I was at was 75, came down in the Loadstar with Bill Buchman, Roger and Carl Nelson and others. Also that year attended the East Coast Record Attempts in Sturgus Mi as well as a weekend at another Michigan site (maybe Madison?), not sure what town now, but we took the Loadstar (Z-Hills ship) to all three (with the same crew).

Any of that ring any bells?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

The only other places near Sturgis was Athens and Three Rivers as boogie type jump places in that era.Marshall had a Beech 18 as did Austin Lake . Steve Fellows had Lodestar out of Detroit City and Pontiac whom ever he owed the least amount of money. There was also a Locheed 12 at Salem Airport that went to Athens and Sturgis. Bob Branch would bring his DC3 to all of them. If it was Fellows Lodestar it was most noted for oneway trips and stranding jumpers. Nate Pond used to fly for Fellows from the east coast. Ialways thought Bill Carl and Roger had more sense than fly with Fellows. As far as jumping together .I purely doubt that we havent some where down the line I did all the Hinckley, and Lima Leapfest too . The one in Gary IN when the Twin Beech lost it on take off and they cut off Sky Huminsky new gear. I was one of those Damn Parahawks from Salem and later Marine City . The beech nuts from Austin Lake was always there too. They ended merging into Exitus or better known as Excite us. Sherman Rocky Sandy Reed Ken Coleman to name a few. I did all Freakport too. Ill be at richmond Thursday in the load organizer tent the whole time ,or doing disgusting lewd vulgar things at the fireand beer . Same old same old different state.

The only other places near Sturgis was Athens and Three Rivers as boogie type jump places in that era.Marshall had a Beech 18 as did Austin Lake . Steve Fellows had Lodestar out of Detroit City and Pontiac whom ever he owed the least amount of money. There was also a Locheed 12 at Salem Airport that went to Athens and Sturgis. Bob Branch would bring his DC3 to all of them. If it was Fellows Lodestar it was most noted for oneway trips and stranding jumpers. Nate Pond used to fly for Fellows from the east coast. Ialways thought Bill Carl and Roger had more sense than fly with Fellows. As far as jumping together .I purely doubt that we havent some where down the line I did all the Hinckley, and Lima Leapfest too . The one in Gary IN when the Twin Beech lost it on take off and they cut off Sky Huminsky new gear. I was one of those Damn Parahawks from Salem and later Marine City . The beech nuts from Austin Lake was always there too. They ended merging into Exitus or better known as Excite us. Sherman Rocky Sandy Reed Ken Coleman to name a few. I did all Freakport too. Ill be at richmond Thursday in the load organizer tent the whole time ,or doing disgusting lewd vulgar things at the fireand beer . Same old same old different state.

Yeah, they were smarter than that. The L-18 we brought up for the summer that year belonged to Jim Thrasher and was used at the Z-Hills Commercial Center. That summer (1975), we used the plane at Hinkley mostly, but also took it to the boogie and to both meets in Michigan (I think Athens may well have been the other MI place I jumped that year).

Any photos of you from that era floating around? Maybe I'll recognize your face.

Click on this URL to see one of me and see if that helps:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Personal_Galleries/RogerRamjet/Blast_from_the_Past&image=RogTraciGreg-2.jpg&img=&tt=

I won't be at the boogie, too far to come from South Florida (I am not jumping these days).

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519