dog4

Skydive Long Island Swoop Competition

Skydive Long Island will be hosting a swoop competition July 22nd and 23rd at Neptunes Beach Club in the Hamptons. The competition will be limited to 18 jumpers, first come first serve. There is a $150.00 entrance fee, and the first prize will be $2000.00. Prizes will be given to the top five swoopers. There will be practice jumps at the beach on Friday July 21st. For more information or to sign up, please call 631.208.3900 or see our informational page at http://www.skydivelongisland.com/swoop.shtml Good luck to all of the competitors and have a safe and fun weekend!

you sure you want first come first serve? putting on event like this is knowing who to allow and who not to allow.

I'm guessing the "who not to allow" will be the prevalent factor at this event. and that might not be what is good for "swooping" and "skydiving" maybe you should re evaluate your ideas on how to run a swoop comp.

maybe you should re evaluate your ideas on how to run a swoop comp.

you were doing cool until you got to that. personal problem?

personel problem? not sure what you mean.

your right though, maybe i shouldn't have posted anything. but that landing area isnt HUGE. it might be in the best interest of them to be selective on who competes in it, thats all i am really trying to say.

Each jumper will make a total of 6 jumps in the competition, and the cost of practice jumps will be $20.00 ( Not a bad deal considering it was another pouring rain weekend when I talked to the DZO about it ).

Im working on getting info about lodging still. There will be limited camping available on the airport property, and there is a deal struck out with a local hotel that will depend on how many rooms are booked ( quantity price, the more rooms the lower the price ) Ill post details to the web site as soon as I have them.

http://www.skydivelongisland.com/swoop.shtml

For those of you who live in the tri-state area, get your butts over to Long Island this weekend for the swoop thing!!;) - as dog said before, 1st prize $2000, 2nd prize $1000, 3rd prize $500, 4th prize $250, 5th prize Pro Dytter - NO ONE HAS SIGNED UP!!! in other words, if you sign up, meet the requirements (D license, canopy under 150 sq ft) and do the 6 jumps, you are guaranteed to win unless you bring more than 4 friends with you!!! Sign up and come out!! Free drinks all weekend! What are you waiting for?!?!?
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

you sure you want first come first serve? putting on event like this is knowing who to allow and who not to allow.

I'm guessing the "who not to allow" will be the prevalent factor at this event. and that might not be what is good for "swooping" and "skydiving" maybe you should re evaluate your ideas on how to run a swoop comp.

That's a pretty fucked up statement.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

This competition was rained out - the rain dates are Practice: friday, aug 18 - then competition jumps are saturday aug 19 and sunday aug 20 - same prizes so sign up peeps! let's get this going!!! B|
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh