Dustino

AFF: Your opinion on SoCal locations please

Hi, sup DZ forums. B| 2nd post!

Me and a buddy are saving up for AFF and want to go somewhere close. First we were gonna go stay at Eloy for a week or so and do it all at once but I think we've decided something close and weekends would be better. We are in San Diego so I guess that leaves us Elsinore, Perris or Imperial. Basically I'm asking for your opinions on the AFF programs in these locations or possibly referrals elsewhere within reasonable distance of San Diego.

Imperial's not open yet AFAIK.

Perris is excellent, and has the tunnel. Elsinore is also a good DZ with a good student program. Skydive San Diego is another option. I have not been down there since they changed ownership so I can't give you an opinion on that one.

close to home is always nice. Nothing sucks more than driving 2 hours each way just to get weathered out, and even on a good day 2 jumps might be enough to jack you up.

That said, I did several AFF jumps at Perris along with tunnel time, 450 miles south of home, and I went to Elsinore 4 weekends last year. I've lost out to weather my one shot at San Diego, but I don't think there's anything Eloy can deliver that these 3 can't in student training.

Depending on where you are in SD - will determine which of the 4 DZs we have will work best for you in terms of travel time/distance. All 4 (Imperial is not yet open but the owner was previous owner of San Diego) offer AFF. San Diego, Elsinore and Perris and good mix of different types of DZs. San Diego is the smallest, Elsinore the next in size and Perris is a very large. Perris has the wind tunnel but I would not let that be your deciding factor. I've flown almost an hour in the tunnel and have never jumped at Perris.

Decide how far you are willing to go. Decide which size DZ you want to learn at. And then give them all a call and see who leaves you with the best impression that you will get the quality attention and instruction you are paying for.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Dont let a wind tunnel influence were you go through AFF. You may never need the tunnel through your AFF training, but if it's recommended, it's just over the hill. ;)
If your close enough to get to either Perris or Elsinor, choose the one that suits you the best.

Shark is a great AFF-I over at Elsinore. You may want to chat with him alittle.

I gave him one of his first feathers when he was just a chick..... ;):D

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Dont let a wind tunnel influence were you go through AFF. You may never need the tunnel through your AFF training, but if it's recommended, it's just over the hill. ;)
If your close enough to get to either Perris or Elsinore, choose the one that suits you the best.

Shark is a great AFF-I over at Elsinore. You may want to chat with him alittle.

I gave him one of his first feathers when he was just a chick..... ;):D

Be safe
Ed

:D:D

I might add that the tunnel is also an integral part of our AFF program.

Got 3 students tomorrow. Ooops! I mean later this morning. (Can't get use to this time change.):ph34r: