jdthomas

skydive Wichita closing, what will be the out come for Wichita jumpers?

With skydive Wichita closing what will be the outcome for ACDZ and Suppesville?
Will Martin get a turbine? Will Suppesville come up to Wichita and try to stop ACDZ? Will Farmer McNasty and his Trolls come out of the woodwork and make post on this fourm? (see kansas city threads!)
Oh the Kansas skydive politics! Hey martin you know we love you man!
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Rumor has is that Milt Brinkman has already put a bid on an old Boeing 737 that will be converted to a jump aircraft and that the current grass strip at Suppesville will be paved to support the jet for jumping on an "appointment only" basis.

Another rumor is that the Kansas City area dzos have already teamed up to petition the FAA to deny the Brinkmans' aircraft purchase AND to lobby against the construction company selected to pave the runway.

On a personal note, I have looked into purchasing some unused farm property near the current Suppesville dz where I will install ground to air anti-aircraft missiles designed to shoot down both skydiving aircraft AND any skydivers who don't carry a one million dollar third party liability insurance policy.

Also, the Kansas City area dzos have scheduled a boogie to coincide with the opening date of the new "Jump the Jet" operation.

How do you like me now, bee-atch?!?!?!?!

also I started a petition to keep that dirty 737 out of my area. when I buy land next to an airport, I expect quiet, noise-free days and nights. Also I filed a complaint with the FAA... how dare you try to do a skydiving operation at an airport!!! that means I might have to share my airspace!!! no way I'm sharing!!!
:P

MB 3528, RB 1182

You guys can’t ever get anything straight! Dropzone.com is nothing more than a big rumor mill, and soap-opera, you all should get a life! Suppesville is not getting a 737, everybody knows the 727 has the air-stair (duah!); Milton is going to buy the Parris Jet, and finally get the damn thing certified! Try to get your facts straight!

[serious]
We have one Cessna 182 at Air Capital Drop Zone, it’s not enough lift to keep everyone “happy” in the Wichita area. There are two 182s sitting at Skydive Suppesville, I called and had a nice conversation with Norman Brinkman the other night. Basically, he’s willing to fly skydivers, people just need to get in touch with them and make it happen! I don’t feel like it’s my place to tell anyone what they should do, but last Saturday with the tandems and students we had scheduled, there was a 4 to 6 load backlog on the manifest at AC DZ.

I don’t want to own, or lease a second airplane, but have checked into a couple of options. The simplest solution seems to me to be that Suppesville would become active again, and take up the slack left from the loss of Skydive Wichita.
[/serious]

Or, maybe one of the new KC area Turbines could offer a “direct connect shuttle service” from Wichita up to the skydiving utopia you guys have going up there? That or maybe Paul could shuttle all the KC skydivers down to Cook Field and fly that turbine out of Wichita? My airport owners love me (not in a sexual way!), and my business, and to my knowledge there has only been one local ever threaten to shoot down a skydiving aircraft flying off of Cook Filed. That was back when Dave Ternes was running the DZ, and anybody who knows Dave can understand why someone would want to shoot him!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

A couple months ago while Martin was shut down for maintenance on 82X I contacted Milt about bringing a 4-way over to Suppesville for the day. He contacted Norm to fly but Norm was busy. However, at that time, Milt said if I could find a jump pilot we were more than welcome to come overB|. Unfortunately, ACDZ's standby pilots were all busy too, so I had to go break my leg somewhere else:(. Anyway, I obviously can't speak for Milt and Norm but it does appear that they are willing to work with people.

Disclaimer: The information you see in my profile is really me. No names have been changed to protect the innocent. But then are any of us really innocent?
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

A couple months ago while Martin was shut down for maintenance on 82X I contacted Milt about bringing a 4-way over to Suppesville for the day. He contacted Norm to fly but Norm was busy. However, at that time, Milt said if I could find a jump pilot we were more than welcome to come overB|. Unfortunately, ACDZ's standby pilots were all busy too, so I had to go break my leg somewhere else:(. Anyway, I obviously can't speak for Milt and Norm but it does appear that they are willing to work with people.

Disclaimer: The information you see in my profile is really me. No names have been changed to protect the innocent. But then are any of us really innocent?

Need contact information for the pilots that were flying at SD Wichita. The Kingman airport has a 5000’ concrete runway, it's a little different flying from a 2500 foot grass runway with cows, their poop, and terraces! Maybe should start with the more experienced SD Wichita pilots first.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Another rumor floating around is that Martin Myrtle visited Mike Jernigan in the hospital after his landing mishap and told him that "there isn't room in this town for two Cessna DZ's!" Then he made him an offer he "couldn't refuse", while he unhooked his morphine drip and replaced it with lemon-lime juice, AND then threatened to remove his breathing tube and stick it up his sphincter!!!!

Mike was resisting the brutality and threats until the sphincter thing, and that is when he caved and agreed to sell everything at Kingman and take up bowling instead.

So there you have it...the whole truth!!

By the way, the best way to fix all this is to buy Doc McLaughlin another Cessna 182 and let HIM come out and fly it for us in Wichita!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

God, I crack myself up!

By the way....how are the Kansas City DZO's going to run a boogie at MRVS while they are busy manning the picket lines and organizing the protesters in Harrisonville on 1 April??

Another rumor floating around is that Martin Myrtle visited Mike Jernigan in the hospital...

...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

God, I crack myself up!

Hey Dave,
Here's that link again.

Anyone who knows Dave will understand.

Dave "Zoot" Ternes: The Later Years

One thing we have in common Dave is that we both enjoy our own humor, not so sure anyone else does though.

Enjoy
Martin

AC DZ