glyrenden

Best Skydiving in the UK???

Hey all,

I'm going to be going to the UK this summer and I would really like to be able to jump while I'm over there. I'm thinking that it would be really cool to the county from the air B|

So where should I go?? I am going to be around london and Bath. I don't have my own rig yet ( Though I might by that time) so rental rigs would be great. I will have my A license by then, is there anything else that I need to jump???

any Ideas???

Thanks
Jason

Take your log book with you, plus a video showing you can do a 4 point 4-way (UK FS1), Make sure you are signed off for FS1 by a recognised international coach before you turn up to a British dz. There are peeps in Perris that know the UK system, eg Dan BC (otherwise youw will only do solos after paying for a jump with an instructor and then having to pay for and do the FS1 course)

UK rules state that you have to wear a hook knife on every jump, so buy one before you go.

Liz

You will have to join the BPA, which if you can get away with just the insurance part will cost you about £50, otherwise full membership is £112.

But yeah, there are a few DZs down that way, theres a list on www.bpa.org.uk, but its not very up to date with reguards which DZ has which aircraft.

You dont have to worry about getting anything else before you come, you can buy a hook knife over here at most, if not all DZs, and you dont need your FS1 to jump with other people, only 1 non-FS1 jumper is allowed per group. FS1 isnt just about getting 4 points of 4 way.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Glen I will be in Perris from 16th - 31st March, if you are there over that period come find me and we will have a chat.

My name is Buzz, and pretty obvious (6ft 2 240 lbs) give a shout out over the tannoy.

If you arent gonna be there pm me and i'll give you as much info as I can.

For info I am a BPA instructor working at Netheravon, probably the closest DZ to Bath.

Buzz

xxxx
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Hey, i used to run the skydiving club at Bath Uni, and we jump at Netheravon. Great view of the salisbury plains from the air and most of the west country, and you can see stonehenge from the air. Other places are South Cerney, and Hinton's quite nice too. Not too famillar about the DZ's closer to London though. When are you coming over?

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Take your log book with you, plus a video showing you can do a 4 point 4-way (UK FS1), Make sure you are signed off for FS1 by a recognised international coach before you turn up to a British dz. There are peeps in Perris that know the UK system, eg Dan BC (otherwise youw will only do solos after paying for a jump with an instructor and then having to pay for and do the FS1 course)

Or the other option is go to a boogie in the states over summer and have some real fun!! The states is where skydiving is at!! In england you will only be able to jump with a coach, and yes that means paying his slot all the way up to being able to do a 4point 4-way. I think you will be able to jump with other people who have their FS1 (video 4 point 4-way) but that is it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Having done a 4 point 4 way will help you out as will any licenses you have. A B license should smooth over anything at any UK DZ.

Have a look at the BPA website www.bpa.org.uk and the events section. The UK is much smaller than the US and many dropzones are within driving range. See what is going on when you are here.

Expect to see more regulations and less customer service than you are used to. Try to ignore any bullshit you come across!

Be aware that Perris is one of the better DZs in the world. If you expect that everywhere you'll probably be disappointed

In england you will only be able to jump with a coach, and yes that means paying his slot all the way up to being able to do a 4point 4-way. I think you will be able to jump with other people who have their FS1 (video 4 point 4-way) but that is it.

I may be wrong, since I'm in Scotland ;), but under the BPA system there is no such rule. You must only jump with people who are qualified to do so, but you don't have to do any FS. See here where it's explained in minute detail, but if you want to freefly, all you need to do is the basics of 2-way relative work...the FS1/FF1 qualifications let you jump with other FS1/non-FS1/FF1 people as you wish...

And as for paying your coaches' slots, we don't do that at my DZ ;) All coached FS and FF jumps are your slot only for members B|
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

South Cerney and Netheravon are both pretty much the same distance from Bath. They're only open at weekends though. If you're going to try one of them remember to bring photo ID with you as they're both military bases and they won't let you on if you can't prove who you are.

Francis