vivfreeflying

Puerto Rico FreeFall Festival--Caribbean Boogie

What time will you be coming in? I arrive on Monday the 6th @ 1047 pm. I could always stick around if you're coming in sometime after midnight.

Do we need a passport? PLEASE say NO! I don't have one. I'm not sure as PR is US controlled.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

the date it's happening is Dec 31, 2006 and it will not effect PR, just other islands.

On effective dates below, all travelers to or from the Americas, the Caribbean and Bermuda will be required to have a passport or other document that establishes the bearer's identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States. On December 31, 2006, the requirement will be applied to all air and sea travel to and from Bermuda, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Mexico, and Canada. On December 31, 2007, the requirement extended to all air, sea, and land border crossings. For more information or to confirm effective dates, visit the State Department's consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website at www.dhs.gov.

Will this requirement apply to travel between the United States and Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands?

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will not affect travel between the United States and its territories. U.S. citizens traveling between the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa will continue to be able to use established forms of identification to board flights and for entry.

If traveling outside the United States or a U.S. territory, a passport or other secure document will be required. For example, a person may travel to and from the United States to the U.S. Virgin islands without a passport or other secure document, but under proposed regulations, a passport or other secure document would be required to re-enter the U.S. Virgin Islands from the British Virgin Islands or another country as of December 31, 2006.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Its show time people. Flight for San Juan leaves at 7am. 4 days of island partying and 5 days of mad jumping. Im so glad its supposed to snow here in Detroit, it just wouldn't be right without it. How the hell am i supposed to sleep tonight. See everyone at the boogie.

BASE 655~Hellfish 69
EMBRACE HUMAN FLIGHT

Ok, so maybe it's been asked before but this is my first time going

Beer!

Viviana probably could offer more info. But from an earlier post, here is the info for the welcome party.

Welcoming Party is on Wed. Feb. 8, 2006 at 7:00p.m. on the roofside Restaurant and Terrace area (4th floor) at the Hotel Rosa Del Mar, 787-262-1515.

By the way, for those that were here last year, this is not the same Hotel (Punta Maracayo) we had the party last year this one is like 5 minutes west on the same road.

There is beer every evening after the last load, specially after you land on the beach. ;). Anything, else, I just follow the beer and the food.

This is just based on my previous experience and what was posted here. Like I said, hopefully Viviana can post a more official calendar. ;)

Anyway, take care, blue skies and see you in about 5 days!
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

I hope yahoo weather is wrong. Any one in Puerto Rico knows whats up with the rain for next week?:(

I was thinking along those lines also. But this Saturday just proves my point, I will not listen to the weatherman, I'll just show at the DZ and deal with it.

Yesterday (Saturday) we had a perfect day, the skies were so clear you could see both sides of the Island. In the afternoon some clouds rolled by, but we never had to stop due to weather.
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

Yeah.. the weather people dont know shit for this island... theya are right less than 50% of the time.. I live 45 minutes ayas or like 25 miles... and even if it is total crap outside i driv eto the DZ.. and more than 1/2 the time it is great... and most of the time if it is bad.. it just blows over in an hour or 2... the area where the DZ is located is near the ocean with the trade winds so most weather blows over very quickly..
PR does NOT have weather like the US where it can be nasty and dreary for a whole day or 2 or 3... it just rains and goes away... sun shines turbines turn on.. mmmmmmmmmm cant wait..about 32 hours till i can jump on one!!! ( i am traveling right now...)

BLUE SKIES!!
DAn
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733