ianmdrennan

7th Skydive Atlanta Halloween Freefly Festival!!!!

pardon my OLD age but what the heck is trance music?????[:/]

Imagine someone was playing music to try to hypnotize you and then Lee walks in with his eyes glazed over and says "Oh mate....I'm trippin....I love trance music.":P

BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_
BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_BOOM-CHIK_

...etc.

Yes, for the gentle old folks, the Music With Words Party is immediately adjacent to the New Improved BubblesMobile. And if I'm there (which appears more likely since my lovely Wife has finally appeared on this thread) it will be
Music With Words That People Besides Spence Actually KNOW!!

EDIT: What? Will I bring my guitar too? Oh.....allriiight....
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

...etc.

no no no
it's ump chh ump chh ump chh ump chh
ump chh ump chh ump chh ump chh
"shake that ass and bounce those tits"
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I have NEVER decided to go to a boogie based on the music. And I doubt many are coming to this boogie because of your music. But you go right ahead and think that.

and seriously chris! you been talkin to ian too much also?:D

what makes you think that i think peeps come to this boogie because of MY music? im one of 4 dj's.

you got a problem with me? i dont understand why you would, we only met for a second.

you shouldnt be so judgmental.

what makes you think that i think peeps come to this boogie because of MY music? im one of 4 dj's.

you got a problem with me? i dont understand why you would, we only met for a second.

Probably because he was responding to this post of yours:

im wondering how this boogie has gotten so big if everyone doesnt like the music!

7 years and counting. let see, im thinking 300 peeps registered. hmmmmmm i wonder why?

It does sound like you're saying people come to the boogie for the music and we all know you are a dj. I didn't know there were 4 of you.

Now, you two settle down or I'm going to force you to hug each other when we get there. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Exactly.

And hell, I will hug Mark when we get there. I don't have a problem with anyone. I just don't like the music.

There is one hangar where the party is and therefore everyone has to listen to the dance mausic if they want to be in there, or go somewhere else. It would be no different if some other guy staked claim to the music situation and set up a system with only country music, or metal, or pop......etc. I think it would be much better and more pleasing to everyone if there was a mix of music. In Dublin, there was a seperate place for the dance music and that worked great. Everyone wins. In Atlanta you have no choice and it has been made clear.... either deal with it or get lost.

I think it would be much better and more pleasing to everyone if there was a mix of music.

I agree. Last year I ended up going outside to get away from the music. It got a little chilly out there, so I just ended up going back to my hotel.

No offense to Mark or his style of spinning, I've just never been able to get into that type of music. I'm probably just too old to appreciate it. Give me some good ol' rock and roll or alternative rock any day.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I agree. Last year I ended up going outside to get away from the music. It got a little chilly out there, so I just ended up going back to my hotel.

Aw sweetie, you didn't have to do that :(, I woulda kept ya warm. >:(

It does sound like you're saying people come to the boogie for the music and we all know you are a dj. I didn't know there were 4 of you.

I swear I have seen Shimell move around and talk so fast I thought there were four of him! ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Me too. If you wanted to just hang with a beer and talk to your friends, you had no choice but to go outside, and as I remember, there was a large group outside trying to do that. But then it gets too cold to stand out there, so you go in the hangar and try it but can't talk in there or just chill, so you go back outside. That routine gets old, so you are forced to go to someones camper or to your hotel.

I have been to boogies where the dance music was playing, but it was quiet enough to still hang out and chill. I don't mind that. But with the situation in Atlanta, you really have no choice and can't just hang with your friends and chill unless you figure out where to go besides the hangar. And to me, that is half the reason for going to a boogie. I remember being pretty frustrated with the situation by the end of the night last year.

In Atlanta you have no choice and it has been made clear.... either deal with it or get lost.

not that way at all. you just cant please everyone.

maybe i should work on pleasing all the peeps that bitch publicly though, maybe that will fix things.

there has been alot of thought time and effort into what is going into this party, im spending all weekend with trey going over stuff and he will be setting up all week. if you have a problem, or suggestions. "suggestions and actions always work better than bitching". or if you have music "YOU" would like played, like i said last year. PUT IT ON A CD AND BRING IT TO ME EARLY SAT MORNING OR FRIDAY!!!. i didnt get anyone take me up on this. so if you cannot supply the music, then your stuck. you cannnot bitch!!!

its kinda like bitchen about the president and you didnt even vote!

Hey hey now no need to bring up anything!!! You should know better than that!:)

dont worry...i do know better.....thats why i didnt bring up anything :P

And Chris....you may not like the music....many may not like it....but i bet the DO like the many scantally clad women shaking their asses on the dance floor :P
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

pardon my OLD age but what the heck is trance music?????[:/]

Go here: http://www.trancestalgia.com and download my mixes... then you'll get an idea!

I hate to break it to you guys but I am a big vocal trance DJ... I have coldplay, The Police, Jessica Simpson, Zepplin, and a shit load of other stuff with a trance remix. :) But I doubt it will make it sound any better to ya. Trance: you either love it or hate it!

Matt

bandolium.

tell them what songs im going to play just for you!:D

dude...im usally so tore up by the time you finally get everything set up and started that i couldnt tell anyone what you play......i just know the light show is bad ass :D:D:D:D
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

but I am a big vocal trance DJ

I'm not sure that helps. I think the folks that don't like trance will just see those tunes as butchered. Like you said, either you like it or you don't.

But here's the other side of the coin. 3 years ago I had a pretty decent rock band play. All I heard was, "couldn't you get a better/different/reggae/classic rock/cover/insert your favorite criticism here band?". No one appreciated it at all.

You wouldn't know it by reading the thread, but there is a pretty large boogie contingent that goes to dance clubs and digs trance music. Part of the goal is supposed to be not being like all the other boogies. I know it's not for everybody.

You wanna see chicks hit the dance floor in droves though, play some sexy hip hop. I bet even Skymama wouldn't be able to resist! Mark, you should go to one of the black clubs in ATL one night this week and ask the DJ what to play to get the women worked up.

I intend to keep the volume down a little more this boogie. (hint, Mark & Eric) I like to talk to people too.

Bonfire should be going outside to warm you up. Great vibes should be everywhere. And some of the entertainment should be spectacular. I'm excited!

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com