fmmobley

Spaceland or Z-hills?

Well, Spaceland is in Texas and will be a mighty long drive! ;) Space Center isn't too far and Z-hills is across the state. Why don't you just go to Deland, it's only 20 minutes away!

If you're just asking about the dz's in general, they're all good.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I too think you are thinking about Skydive Space Center in Titusville. I live in Daytona and I jump at Titusville. I won't say anything bad about Zhills because its a great DZ. However, Titusville is closer, its 50-60 minutes straight south on 95. Let me know what you decide.

Correction... Skydive space center!

The reason I am not considering Deland is because that is where I will be jumping the day before (taking a canopy control course).

I thought I would experience a different DZ the Sunday before returning.

A ride to 18K at Skydive space center sounds fun, but I have heard of Z-hills for many years.
... Marion

A ride to 18K at Skydive space center sounds fun, but I have heard of Z-hills for many years.

At Skydive Titusville you'll have a great view of the Florida coast and the space center islands and complex just across the river.

At Z-hills, on a clear day, you can see both the Atlantic and Gulf coasts from above about 8,000'.

Good scenery either way.

Both of the dz's have their good points. If you drive to Z-hills, you will be taking time out of your jumping day to go back and forth. That's the only downside I can think of going there instead of Titusville.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Like SkyMama said the downside would be the drive. I live at Z-Hills. Well, right off the end of the runway in a condo.

This time of year is always iffy with the weather.

If you drove down Saturday night it might be good. Then you could get the morning jumping in and when it starts to rain head on back.

The other risk is that at this time of year there is not a bunch of people there; just the locals mostly. Therefore for someone with your level of experience it will be a flip of the coin on people to work with. I reccomend Oren or Nigel. If I was able to jump I would go out there with ya. I am on a re-coup from a broken femur.

Either way you will enjoy your time in Florida.

Good Luck on the Canopy Course.

Laters,

Keith

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

at titusville you will go to 15000 min in 8 minutes. If you are talking about 8/27-8/28 there will be rw organizing so you'll have people to jump with. also, it's fairly close to deland. ;)

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

everyone's gonna have their favorite dz. zhills happens to be mine. i love deland too (i live here) but look at it like this: you have part of 1 day to jump at a dz close to daytona. go to titusville. it's closer. less than 1 hr from daytona. if you aren't leaving til monday, then jump 1/2 day at titusville and maybe scoot down to sebastian (which is only another 50 minutes south of titusville). the aerial view is spectacular.

you live in atlanta. that's only a 6-7 hr drive straight down 75 to zhills. you're not having to sew a suitcase or build the car to get there, so use it as an excuse to visit another dz on another weekend. :P all the dzs in florida rock. all have great people. but just don't make it seem like you can't do it all - because you can. life's too short. check out how cool titusville is on this upcoming trip and then schedule your next trip down to jump at zhills and maybe lake wales. :) i'd HIGHLY recommend thanksiving weekend for an introduction to zhills, though. it's amazing.

enjoy your travels wherever they may take you.