damien

Fun DZ around San Francisco?

I'm new to San Francisco and I'm looking for a nice DZ in the area. I was thinking of Skydive Bay Area. Any advice?

By the way, I don't have a car yet, so if someone is going jumping from SF next week-end (04/30 and/or 05/01), I would need a lift...

Thanks,
Damien

There's a lot of fun dz's around San Francisco

Byron (Bay Area Skydiving) at about 1 hour
Davis (Skydance) about 1 hour
Lodi (The Parachute Center) at about 1 hour (a bit longer maybe)
Hollister at 1.5 hours

Good choice for Bay Area Skydiving :P I'm not going to be there this weekend or I'd give you a ride..

Iwan

There's a lot of fun dz's around San Francisco

Byron (Bay Area Skydiving) at about 1 hour
Davis (Skydance) about 1 hour
Lodi (The Parachute Center) at about 1 hour (a bit longer maybe)
Hollister at 1.5 hours

Good choice for Bay Area Skydiving :P I'm not going to be there this weekend or I'd give you a ride..

Iwan

Sound's similar to what I was going to say. Except I'll vote for Hollister ;)

Hello Damien

You may want to call ahead and see if they will let you jump that Atom, as I'm pretty sure it's not TSO'd for the US?

If you run into that problem, PM me and we can discuss other local options. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I'm new to San Francisco and I'm looking for a nice DZ in the area. I was thinking of Skydive Bay Area. Any advice?

By the way, I don't have a car yet, so if someone is going jumping from SF next week-end (04/30 and/or 05/01), I would need a lift...

All of the 4 mentioned are pretty fun and lively. I've spent the most time lately at Hollister since I can have dinner with friends afterwards.

So long as the weather firms up, I plan to go to at least one of them this weekend. I've been retarded about packing - going to put out a plea in a day or so for anyone that can help reeducate me of all the stuff I learned 7 months before my rig was complete. ($$, '97 vino, whatever it takes) Whether you can help in that or not, you're welcome to a ride. I'm out near the near the park/USF.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info.

You need someone to reeducate you for packing? I wouldn't mind giving you some help about this. What does it take? Nothing, unless discussing about the DZs in the area, the way it works here. I've only jumped once in the US last year, so I might have things to learn.

You can reach me by email, in my profil.

Damien

Um. Can I vote. Bay Area Skydiving because I'm there. And if you draw a triangle between the other three drop zones, we are in the middle. So if you don't like us, you can always move on to plan B.

But of course, "What is not to love?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

damn weather forecasts. should be fine tomorrow, but sunday has the classic "partly cloudy with 20% chance of showers." Which says almost nothing.

Meanwhile, it's great today, for what seems to be the 7th Friday in a row. Instead of mucking around with daylight savings plans, can we jump ahead one day in the week?

I would rather pee in a green box than take a 15 minute bus ride. ;)

Unless I'm doing AFF. I loved that one on one time to debreif when I worked in SD.

OKAY! Secret is out. None of the DZs in Nor Cal are perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!