Cookiemunster

What is the Best DZ in Colorado?

Jeanne..I have balls and will do it dammit!:ph34r::

Depends on where you live in Colorado that will determine where you jump.

Skydive the Rockies is closest to Colorado Springs (Air Force Academy) and Pueblo..in Canon City. So if you're far south, you'll probably go there.

Denver Skydivers in Brush is way out I-76 on the eastern plains. Mostly upjumpers out there.

MileHi Skydiving in Longmont draws from the Denver metro area up thru Ft Collins/Greeley and is well known student/training facility. I did my L1 AFF there and then because of fall weather (clouds too low, winds too high) I had to finish AFF elsewhere.

I think I will sit back and munch on some popcorn and enjoy this show.

PS I am curisous as well.. I have some friends at Skydive the Rockies I want to go visit.;)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Okay, I'll bite.

Derek, Brush is aiming for an open date of May 1st.

On second thought, I think I'll send Rachel a PM;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

his chords got all tangled up)

His cords got tangled up? What is that all about? Are you talking about the CReW accident? If so, there were two that died that day.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Colorado is a great place to jump. The thing is that when you ask which is the best dropzone, you may very well start an argument over the issue.

If it were me and I lived near colorado springs I would go to skydive the rockies it being closer to your location. They also have a staff fully capable of helping you out (not that the others don't as well).
But you do what is best for you.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

Hly crap! Its Keith....... Dude I am coming up there shortly....I knee to get up again.

Whens Nick get back? I need a place to sleep.....I miss the motorhome...hahaha.

Joe
PS-Keith does bite.....but I dont do I RkyMtnhigh?:P
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Cool....I will bring my sticks. I have some new tricks for you to see.:)
I am thinking of maybe this thursday into friday. Hey you a coach? I need to get current again....work has been killing me. Do you know what MileHi does in order for me to get current? Can I get into the hanging harness and then jump with a coach? Or does it have to be an AFF instructor?

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.

ok......whens the best time for you man?Is there a day thats usually best for you? Its been a while....5 months....:S

The same thing happened to me in AFF, 5 month lay off because of my damn job.....I did fine on my next jump so I dont see any major issues. I would like to get in the harness even though I have been wearing my rig 1-2 times a week and feeling my handles and such.

hows life?

joe

Well, Brush is closed, bust Colorado Sky Sports in Canon City has the cleanest, fastest climbing turbine in southern Colorado. Best vibes, you'll love it unless you are a wannabe skygod or phallus...

The USPA regional director is the only here one that isn't invited there, everyone else loves it... Excessive rules are for losers...

Check out the forums at www.coloradoskysports.com, bitch all you want on their forums!!!
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Would love to see you at Skydive the Rockies. We now have more women jumping than when I started eighteen months ago.

Beautiful views, they now have a restaurant at the airport, great instructors and we have a brand new, huge, soft pea gravel pit to land in. (Thank you Chris and Wayne!).

I will be out next Sunday.

PM me if you have any specfic questions.