falxori

DZs for big groups

Hi people.
i'm organizing a skydiving trip for about 30-50 (maybe more) people around the end of July.

i need some ideas on which DZs could be suitable where the main requirements are:
- capacity - we want to jump and jump a lot.
- weather - too hot and humid is not fun.
- price - 50 jumpers, 2 weeks= a lot of jumps... how low can we get the jumps for?

and any other consideration that might be relevant.

last year we went to Kolomna, russia and it was great, but we want to check a few US DZs too.
thanks
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Perris.

- capacity - we want to jump and jump a lot.

4 large aircraft, a wind tunnel, 2 bunkhouses, a bar and grill, proshop,........:)

- weather - too hot and humid is not fun.

July isn't TOO bad. It's hot but not like August.....:P

- price - 50 jumpers, 2 weeks= a lot of jumps... how low can we get the jumps for?

Contact manifest......

:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

West Tennessee Skydiving, located near Memphis, Tennessee, has completely air-conditioned facilities, including the 6400 sq ft, carpeted, packing area so I guarantee that it will not be too hot or humid.

We have Mike Mullins Super King Air that is capable of dropping 56 jumpers per hour from 14,500' ( 7 minutes to altitude), and is air-conditioned.

We have air-conditioned bunking facilities, modern restrooms with hot showers, swimming pool, RV hookups, washer and dryer, and our own 108 acre private airport covered with beautiful grass to land on.

We also have jumps from 23,000' and 30,000' with all oxygen equipment provided.

For a large group we can provide the cheapest jump rates available. Just email me at [email protected] and I will be glad to quote when I have an idea of how many jumps you will make. You can also look at our web site at http://www.skydivekingair.com or call me at 901-759-3483.

Mike Mullins

Skydive Auckland, New Zealand,
Free accommodation(real beds)
Free food
cheap jumping, with that many jumpers, a shit load cheaper.
all jumps would be from 15,000feet,
Wendy Smith is one of our coaches at the moment,
I would put together the mad package for you so that the airfares would look irrelevant.

without any discounts this is the price for the following.
free accommodation
free food
100 jumps to altitude times 50 people equals $89,101.15 USD
that is with no discounts at all.
If you know Ziv and Tomer from your dz, they will tell you about our DZ

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

thank you all for replying.
i just got a call for my travel agent saying that since its mid july, there is no way of getting a really good deal on flights (even if we're a lot of people), and mid summer flights from israel would make it a lot less appealing for a lot of people :(.

but it could be a good time to start planning a winter version of this trip...
i liked the NZ idea very much ;)
thanks
O

There's also Australia!

Sydney Skydivers @ Picton (2x skyvans, Twin Otter, Turbine Beaver)
Ramblers @ Toogoolawah (3x caravans)

In the Australian summer (Nov-March) Toogoolwah is hot and humid, so Picton would be a better bet. In the Aussie winter (June-Sep) T'wah would be absolutely lovely.

T'wah has lovely onsite accomodation. Picton's not as nice, but Phil (the DZ owner) could easily make suitable arrangements for a group of your size. He's open to cutting deals as well.

As much as I'd love to lure you to the FL dz's, I will have to admit that even I don't like jumping here in July because of the humidity and afternoon showers. I'd definitely try to find a place a little further north if I were you.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i've met a whole lot of british in elsinore last april that came as a group.
thats actually where we got the idea for a group trip...

and we were 30+ in kolomna last august.
now looking for the location of our next trip ;)

O

Hi there:

Where are you coming from? I know you can get cheap flights into Newark most of the year.

Come on out to Skydive Cross Keys if you can! We are running a Super Skyvan (rear exit) with a 15 minute turnaround time, a Super Otter (bride of FrankenOtter, and built by the same folks), a Grand Caravan (19 passengers), a vintage Stearman Biplane, and our favorite scream machine, the turbine Alouette II Helictoper!

There is an event planned for most weekends here, and we are just under 1 hour from Newark. We would love to plan a special event just for you guys!

If you can make it out this season, please let us know and we'll organize the welcoming party, and set you up with free organizers, cool aircraft, and a big nighttime bash! You can reach us here at 856-629-7553. Hope to see you!
Where the world comes to skydive!

actually Xkeys was on our list...
but we're coming from Israel and flights all the way to the US during the summer are too expensive [:/]

tell Jonathan and Sarah we said Hi (if they're still there...)

thanks
Ori

hey dude, now i am back in NZ this is what i can offer you....

Free accommodation, all our loads now go to 14,000 feet!!, no more of this 12,000 feet rubbish.
we will get a helicopter in and all head over to the small island that we rent out every now and then.
All slots are now $22nzd to 14,000 feet out of our super porter.
we will organise a boogie around you guys, we just had a Dylan from the oz freefly team over doing coaching and i am sure he will come back.
give us an email and i will organise a great deal for you and as i said we would have a hell of a boogie with you guys plus do something big to get the Aussies and all the kiwis over here.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yo, Whats up Ori?
Well, I talked to some people in Cross keys, and there might be some goodies comming your way if you guys come over....Flight can probably be found cheaply for big groups, so dont give up on us...Look and you shall find....Ill look for cheap flight from my end.....Hope to get all you guys iver here...

Yonatan.B|

Hey.
i will, but in July its a problem.
are you joining us this time?

although we've decided not to try and organize the coaching this time, you can come by yourself and coach people there (and be free to chose when and how many... ;))

let me know if you can and i'll give you the details
O

I would love to join you this time but I can't leave the most wonderfull place in the world...Cross Keys...;)
In the summer time there is no place I would rather be....so if you want me..your gonna have to come here....another reason to look for cheap tickets....ME!

We have it all here, from planes to choppers to choaching to everything....

So I really think that its worth your while....even if the airline tickets are a bit more expensive....

anyway...keep in touch and tell me what you guys are doing ....maybe I can help in some way..
Yonatan (and the same goes for Sara...)