base570

CSS anyone 2??

This is just a big THANKS to Matt Lyle for putting together a kick butt tunnel weekend...it was a ton of fun and it was great getting to hang out with everyone!!

Thanks for all your hard work Matt...it was AWESOME!!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

Tryin to get a group together to head down to chester for what sounds like a pretty kick ass 20th anniversary boogie!! $20 jumps, $20 registration fee,

- Aircraft: CASA, Twin-Otter, Helicopter, Hot Air Balloon
- RW Organizing: Chris Wagner
- 50-Way Invitational Organizing: Roger Ponce de Leon
- Freefly Organizing: Brooke Schultz and Benji Rogers
- Rodriguez Brothers Initiations
- Sunrise & sunset balloon jumps

I've been wanting to go down and see this DZ cause everyone says great things...so yell if you're interested...it looks like we'll have people driving from both raleigh and greensboro (and probably leaving to get there early on friday) if anyone wants to carpool - share tents, etc...
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

Dont forget this weekend is the 9-11 jumps. Saturday will be the military jumps, and I think sunday depending on interest we will do a jump with whoever wants to. A red white and blue theme was mentioned so if you have these color shirts please bring them if you want to jump. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

P.S. Today is my last Full day as a US MARINE......

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

.... A red white and blue theme was mentioned so if you have these color shits please bring them if you want to jump. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

I'm not sure what I should eat. Can we change our diet or just spray paint them?
---------------------------------------

.... A red white and blue theme was mentioned so if you have these color shits please bring them if you want to jump. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

I'm not sure what I should eat. Can we change our diet or just spray paint them?

HAHAHAHAHA.....

oh, and congrat D..that kicks ass on finally getting out!
we'll make sky spice do a little dance to celebrate it and everything!
- ever the spazz

hmm well I guess I still can't type. Umm I was thinking spray paint and plastic bags.

Thanks I corrected that for you.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Speedy, you are a marvel ... truly. HA! (I can tell you what to eat :ph34r:.)

About the whitewater stuff above: Dave Brown (pilot and TDM instructor in case you don't know which "Dave" I mean) is organizing a trip to raft the Gauley this fall. Will be ~2-4 days, when the dam is released and the river is high. Camping, rafting, drinking, great cookouts and great times. Meant mainly for staff, but anyone is welcome.

He's talking about leaving a sign-up sheet outside the loft, but if anyone's interested, lemme know.

Dave's done the Gauley 6 times. This is THE BEST, most extreme whitewater experience available in the East.

Semi-smart Marine: congratulations on the end of your duty!!! Miss you, Darin. I'm looking forward to our 2nd annual 9/11 memorial ... thanks for keeping this thing alive.

Best,
D

About the whitewater stuff above: Dave Brown (pilot and TDM instructor in case you don't know which "Dave" I mean) is organizing a trip to raft the Gauley this fall. Will be ~2-4 days, when the dam is released and the river is high. Camping, rafting, drinking, great cookouts and great times. Meant mainly for staff, but anyone is welcome.

He's talking about leaving a sign-up sheet outside the loft, but if anyone's interested, lemme know.

Dave's done the Gauley 6 times. This is THE BEST, most extreme whitewater experience available in the East.

Hey Dawn,

Jon and I just did the Upper Gauley yesterday! It was awesome. Make sure you get the video :)
Lynn

Lynn -

Well, at least running the Gauley was a lot safer than:

jumping a REFLEX. B|>:([:/]

(Sorry; couldn't resist!!!)

You know we love both you and your rig, girlfriend. Both of you are welcome here anytime! Would love to see more of you - next time you're in town, stop in the loft and monopolize my time, please :)
Best,
D

What are the dates for the Chester Boogie? When do you think you'll head down? Let us know. Is Scott Miller's canopy course that weekend too? Hope everyone had a great weekend.

On an odd note, Melissa1 and Melissa2 both got bit by that new 206. Recommendation to all: don't try to get on that stupid step! Ouch!
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

Maybe just don't try to get on that stupid step if your name is Melissa... :P I think that plane could sense how excited I was to be getting out at 5k. It was nothing but nice to me. :)
Congrats to Dave, who fulfilled his lifelong dream of playing with balls in freefall.

Congrats to Dave, who fulfilled his lifelong dream of playing with balls in freefall.

He just did that? Man, ever since my first couple of jumps I usually do to avoid nut under malfunctions. B|

I know I haven't been up there in a long time. Work was crazy this summer. I think I went a whole month without a jump. [:/]

I just checked my calendar and I'm sorry to say I'll be there this weekend with Kickin' Chicken 101 in tow. B|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What are the dates for the Chester Boogie? When do you think you'll head down? Let us know.

Clicky to the other thread (where all the info is)

Some of us will be down there doing the 50-ways, but that means we're busy pretty much all day Fri/Sat/Sun. Maybe fun jumps at the end of the day. People I think that are going for the bigways: Karen Wood, Pam, Randy, LJ and me.

SCPC 20/20 boogie is Oct 6-8. Scott Miller is in the following weekend 10/13-15. Antigua posted on DZ.com link above for the boogie but if you want more details go to www.skydivecarolina.com and read the updates from the last couple of weeks.

Either way it is going to be a fun month. Come visit and play with us for a weekend.
There's Always Room for Jell-O!

Since Darin is now a free man, he needs a new nickname desperately. Anyone have suggestions? Someone came up with "D-lo" and I tried this out on him, but it only seemed to (inexplicably) hurt his feelings ... :P.

You guys probably already know this but Darin has postponed the 9/11 jump for a few weekends. The Scott Miller class tied some people up, and he wants Randy and Refro involved again as well.

For those of you who haven't seen the video from last year that was edited by Floaty, .... you really need to see it. Very touching and emotional.

Darin - let us know when you plan to do this. We should get Garret involved as well.

Marion, Whit and Tess: let's do dinner :D:ph34r: soon. (pssst - Marion - have you bought it yet???)

Bolas -

I just checked my calendar and I'm sorry to say I'll be there this weekend with Kickin' Chicken 101 in tow. B|

ROCK! - just be respectful and behave, and you should be OK ;).

Evil grin,
-Me.

Hey the 9-11 jumps will be in 2 weekends thats the weekend after the meet for all of you.

YAY!!so many exciting things coming up!!

can't wait for the 9-11 jump D!

and it looks like we'll have quite the group down in chester... i think a couple of us might head down on thursday night to camp so we can get up early and make lots and lots of jumps...so if anyone wants to meet in greensboro and go with, just let me know...

and Dawn...just tell me when and where and make sure that marion is showin of the new gear and i'm there!!
- ever the spazz

Bolas, I'll be very disappointed if you're respectful and well-behaved. :|

just tell me when and where and make sure that marion is showin off the new gear and i'm there!!

Whitney, I've had the gear for a little over 10 years... ohhhh. You meant the dress. :P

Bolas, I'll be very disappointed if you're respectful and well-behaved. :|

just tell me when and where and make sure that marion is showin off the new gear and i'm there!!

Whitney, I've had the gear for a little over 10 years... ohhhh. You meant the dress. :P

girl...you bring ALL the gear and its game on!!
- ever the spazz