Skylark

A,B,C,D,E,F...?

The licenses are Federation Aeronautique Internationale licences so they are international I believe.
http://www.fai.org/parachuting/certificates_proficiency/ should give more info

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

>The licenses are Federation Aeronautique Internationale licences
>so they are international I believe.

Well yes, sort of. The FAI license is the same everywhere, but almost every country has different requirements for the national licences. Australia has licences all the way up to F, most other places(and FAI) stop at D. The requirements for the licences vary a lot around the world...

Does anyone know if there are countries that have the same national licence requirements as FAI?

As already stated, we'll need more info, but my first thought was that you are referring to the categories in the new USPA training program, called the ISP (Integrated Student Program). The categories go up to H. You can find out more about them at http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/SIMtext/Section4.htm. I can't help you with the UK requirements, though. But I guess you should first clarify if you are referring to licenses or training programs.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

I also thought this, as well. (well, it was my second thought. My first thought was unipod, stairstep diamond, murphy flake, etc :ph34r: )

Anyway, the letters just indicate stages of your requirements/training for your A license. If you look on the USPA site, you can download the A-license proficiency card, but I would recommend getting your hands on a Skydiver's INformation Manual (SIM) which will explain in more detail what each one means.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

The requirements for the licences vary a lot around the world...

Yep - here in Austria it's just "License" or "no License". Of course you can get a "Leistungsabzeichen" (achievement pin?) in A, B, C or D - but it's not required for anything.

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)