Hans

Caravan Jumps $14 men $10 women

No, it doesn't imply an adverse effect. The definition stated different treatement, not worse, based on a specific category.

Also, I do not want to become one of the guys. Where did that come from? :D

weather you agree or do not agree with the prices the way they are. i think you would be missing an awsome place if you decided not to come here for that..

you cant argue with somones opinion only respect it.

sitting aroung the campfire sharing all of our awesome skydiving stories.

Wishing all of you out their awesome skydive's and even better friendships with your fellow skydivers

Thats what I'm talking about... great environment and awesome prices!

I still don't know any of you in The Farm but you sure will meet my wife and I soon

right on.... cant wait...

bring a golf club or two. a bathing suit, fishing pole, rig, tent, ohh ya.... and some beer...

I think it is completely different when you are a fun-jumper. These nice people are not trying to make male fun-jumpers pay more... they are giving year long discount tickets and making it even cheaper for women. Putting it in a language that skydiver can relate to... if a case of beer go for $20 and I find a store that sell it for $14, where am I going to buy it?
I don't care if ladies pay even cheaper because I know I,m getting an awesome deal!

Exactly! Couldn't agree more!

You could also look at it as the DZ is trying to help make up for the fact that women get paid less then men for the same job in the U.S. Maybe they're trying to even it out a little!;)

As far as if they made rates according to race or religion, why then that might not be a good marketing strategy.

Is it discrimination? Call it what you want, can't argue that it isn't. Bottom line is the business can choose what it wants to do. If you don't like it, don't go. My advice, for those that don't like it, is lighten up, enjoy it. But if you choose to make a stand on this issue, by all means, that's your prerogative.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

....because I am a man, (and a darn good-looking one) :D kidding, ...

Glad you said you were kidding, you ugly dude!:D:D:P

But hell yeah, I love the prices, and what good has been said about that DZ. I don't care if I pay 4 bucks more than a woman. It still is an awsome deal. Wish it were close to my neck of the woods.

Yo Ricky, let's see if we can do a trip down there before the deal is over :)

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

This place is AWESOME!!!!!

If you can't land safely around this place, give up the sport of skydiving. There are outs everywhere.
I mean the outs are DZ sized landing areas.

These guys just want jumpers to jump.
NO DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not about $$$$$. These guys are not making a penny off of the fun jumpers!
IT IS ABOUT SKYDIVING!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Hans, Dave, Gerg and Harvey!!!!!!

Will be back next weekend and was proud to be part of the kickoff!!!

$14 men and $10 women will be offered all season.

I am personally insulted by this nig-noggery. There is NO justification for charging someone a lower price for their jump ticket just because they are a female.

DUDE that's NOT what they're doing, men and women get charged the same ammount but the DZ has just also implented a $4 testosterone levy. If your testosterone level is above a certain parts per million you have to cough up another $4. It holds for women and men;):D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

DUDE that's NOT what they're doing, men and women get charged the same ammount but the DZ has just also implented a $4 testosterone levy. If your testosterone level is above a certain parts per million you have to cough up another $4. It holds for women and men

LMAO.......now that was funny!!! Nice one!

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Hello skydivers, Skydive The Farm would like to invite each and every one of you out to The Farm to expeirience one of the most beautiful dropzone settings in the country. We are offering lift tickets for$14 if you are a man and $10 if you are a woman. These price's will be in effect all summer long so come on out and take advantage of this great deal. Skydive The Farm is located on a 55 acre private airstrip/farm approx 60 mile's from Atlanta.It's 2 natural swoop ponds and 55 acres of beautiful grass landing area give it the look of a 3 hole golf course instead of the look of an industrial airport. Camping at the facility is free of charge and full bath houses are soon to come! To get here from Atlanta take interstate 20 west to exit 44.Turn right and follow hwy 278 for approx 45 mile's. Once you pass through the town of Rockmart look for a Cowboys Gas Station on the left, approx 5 mile's from rockmart. After you pass Cowboys go 1.6 mile's and turn left onto Grady Rd.Go 2.2 mile's and turn left into The Farm. Skydive The Farm is also the home of The Mirage Swoop team, They will be offering canopy coaching and seminars on canopy flight all summer. Freefly and belly coaching are also available at no cost to you. We will be open every Fri, sat, and sun all summer long, so grab your camping gear a fishing pole and maybe a golf club and head on over to The Farm, we'll be out here waiting to jump with you!

Wishing you all awesome skydive's and even better friendships with other skydivers, Blue Skies

SKYDIVE THE FARM!!
Free Flight is the way of the future! Learn how and get on board the adventure train!!

In the UK a few DZ's operating from military airfields offer discount for service personal.

I know of one British DZ which is considering charging less for 16-18 year olds to try and entice them in.

Isn't this the same thing?

It costs the DZ the same amount to get both people in the air, yet one is charged less.

People don't tend to have a problem with this. I think it’s a great idea!

Thank you for your common sense and understanding of what we are trying to do! We are not trying to play favorites, we are just trying to set the right type of atmosphere so that everyone can come out and have fun toghether! We really hope to see all you skydivers out at The Farm this summer!

Wishing you all awesome skydive's and even better friendships with other skydivers, Blue Skies

Skydive The Farm
Free Flight is the way of the future! Learn how and get on board the adventure train!!

It sounds like an awsum place. So a couple questions.. I may have to go to Jacksonville Beach FL to do relative work sometime this year... so how far is it from there.. and....since its THE FARM... how much CORN is there around? ( This is ALWAYS an important consideration when choosing a place to skydive for me:S)

Let's keep the thread on track since this IS the Events & Places to Jump forum. No more debating the prices in this thread, the thread is about the new dz opening. If you want to debate, take it over to The Speaker's Corner.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It sounds like an awsum place. So a couple questions.. I may have to go to Jacksonville Beach FL to do relative work sometime this year... so how far is it from there.. and....since its THE FARM... how much CORN is there around? ( This is ALWAYS an important consideration when choosing a place to skydive for me:S)

hahaha.. no corn. it is called the farm because i believe it used to be a farm. it isnt anymore.. now it is a resort.

Bring the women and the men will follow

I thought everyone knew that!!????

Besides we NEED more women to come out and play!! Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE men..but it gets old having to be one of the only few women around. ..I would love to have some more girls to come and play with us. SO..come on!!

Hey Hansy can I borrow a fishing pole? I can't find mine and am dying to get a hold of some big fat bass! :D

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

$14 men and $10 women will be offered all season.

I am personally insulted by this nig-noggery. There is NO justification for charging someone a lower price for their jump ticket just because they are a female. Would it be acceptable to say something like $10 jump ticket for someone of one race and $14 ticket for someone of another race? No way! Everyone would agree that is outright racist. In much the same way there is NO excuse for charging a different price for men and women. Women, how would you feel if it was a cheaper ticket for men? Men, how would you feel if it was a cheaper ticket for you?

I'm not just upset because it would cost me more. I would still have a problem if it was a cheaper ticket for guys.

This sort of double standard only leads to resentment and I am glad my dropzone is not trying something this ridiculous.

ABSOLUTELY! I agree 100%. I think that is ridiculous and sexist and I would certainly not support something like that.

Angela.