DKJ

Kamloops BC Canada Boogie

For all those that don't know the longest running boogie in North America is being held in Kamloops BC May 21-24. We have a Twin Otter from Kapowsin and a King Air from Pitt Meadows . Last year also had a Bell 205 Helo which hasn't been confirmed as of this posting. Come one come all. it's a great boogie in a beautiful setting.

I have passed up the opportunity for the past 2 years in a row now.

But no longer will I miss out and have to hear all the stories when my friends get back.

I am planning on going, hell or high water.

Sounds like a great time.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

According to the website it's already too late to register??!! Is this true?? :(

http://www.skydivekamloops.org/maymeetregister.htm

Considering that the schedule is for:
"May 16th -19th, 2003 "
I'd say they just havent updated the site yet!:)
Remster

I've been to Kamloops. . .but not the boogie. . .it is GORGEOUS up there. . .Wow, I wish I could make it this year, but it will have to be next year. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Hey, how do you find out about boogies in WA and BC? I don't hang out much at either Pitt Meadows or Abbotsford enough to see boogie and jump event notices on the boards nor do I belong to mailing lists. No wonder I have less than 100 jumps in 3 years, I spend more time in triage than in the sky.

Your now on to the best way to find out about events in your area. DZ.com has most of the info you need to plan your jumping season. Surf through the events and calander to find out what's going on. Also, adding your name to an email list from Pitt Meadows will keep you up to date on local events. The more you get involved, the more you will hear about upcoming events.

I'm travelling up fron Seattle towards the Alaska boogie... I'd like to try and visit as many DZ/boogies as possible along the way! I don't know the area / what local transport links are like... How accessible is Kamloops by train / public transport from Seattle? What about onwards travel to Anchorage??

Any suggestions??

Cheers :)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Via Rail will travel from Vancouver to Kamloops and I'm sure will have some kind of access to Alaska. Go to www.vairail.ca for more info. If your interested the Twin Otter stops into Victoria on the way to the boogie and picks up any jumpers that are going. If your here I'm sure we could arrange one way transport.

It's like 1700 miles (2600 km) from Seattle to Juneau. You're better off taking a plane, but if you have the time and money I'd buy a clunker and drive myself or take Greyhound.

I'd take Greyhound from Seattle to Vancouver, BC, (make sure your ticket says Vancouver, British Columbia, not Vancouver, Washington) and while at the bus station in Vancouver, BC, go to the ticket agent and explain your plans to travel up to Alaska. They'll fix it up so you can make your stops along the way.

By the way, Kamloops is about 3 hours northeast of Vancouver, and from what I've seen on this forum there's quite a few folks from Vancouver going to the Kamloops boogie so I'd either hitch a ride with them or take Greyhound.

I live 2 1/2 hr. drive from Southern Alaska. Maybe I can help you out with info on how to get there. ie. ferry boat trip from Prince Rupert to Skagway - beautiful! - and then on to Anchorge.

May make it to Kamloops this year, too.

Cheers for all the help & suggestions guys :)
Think I'm almost sorted now. Train to and from Seattle / Vancouver and then flying Seattle / Anchorage.

Hope to see you in Kapowsin / Kamloops / Alsaka!

Thanks again!

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Can't wait! And I'm so hoping for another chance to jump the heli. Oh yeah!

Had a blast last year, and living so close I simply can't imagine NOT going. Not many chances to jump anything but a Cessna around here. And the party at the Rockin Firkin can't be missed! :D

Sal, if you find yourself in the area and need a ride, there are lots of jumpers from Kelowna and Vernon (about 1 1/2 hours south of Kamloops) who will be heading that way, and I'm sure a ride can be arranged. And if you find yourself here the weekend before the boogie, the plane will be flying in Vernon. drop me a pm if I can help.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

If your interested the Twin Otter stops into Victoria on the way to the boogie and picks up any jumpers that are going. If your here I'm sure we could arrange one way transport.

thats a really good Idea, Having jumpers picked up in Victoria. I was in Victoria last year around the time of the boogie but no experience to participate. But I won't be out west this year:(. BC is on the top of my list for places I would like to live. IF you make your way east you should check out Skydive Burnaby. We have an otter full time and lots of great people to keep it going!;). Hope the Boogie is a blast!

I'm working hard to take that weekend off, seems to be great fun!:)
And it's probably the only meet i can attend this year due to high workload.:S

Now, who could give me a ride to Kamloops? I'm based downtown Vancouver and have no car... would sure as hell like a ride! PMs welcome!;)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

This just came over CSPA chat. Make your plans!

37th Annual Kamloops May Meet 2004

Mark your calendar now for the famous Kamloops May Meet boogie!

Friday May 21st to Monday May 24th, hang onto your socks, grit your teeth and be a part of the biggest, best, and longest running skydiving boogie in Canada. Located at the Kamloops airport - 3 hours north of Vancouver in the most beautiful river valley in the interior of British Columbia - there will
be four days of fun skydiving from big turbine airplanes and specialty events including helicopter jumps.

The principle aircraft will be a Super Twin Otter (with brand new engines for very fast turnaround times) backed up by a King Air. The expected helicopter is a twelve place "Huey" and we are working on a couple of other specialty aircraft. Cessna jumping is available Thursday the 20th and the Twin Otter is expected to fly on Friday. Jump prices will be $30 CND per turbine skydive to 13,000'.

We are also pleased to announce that joining us once again this year will be the incomparable Max Cohn - freefly coach / instructor extraordinaire. He will be available to skydive with you on a one-on-one or group basis.

This years' May Meet focuses on boogie skydiving for freefliers, belly fliers, solo fliers and bird-people. In addition to Max Cohn, four-way coaching will be available, and there will be fun four-way and accuracy events.

We are all looking forward to the most cherished social events including the Friday night dinner, Saturday night antics, Sunday night celebration banquet, and all the much anticipated drop zone festivities...

For more information contact the Kamloops Skydivers Sport Parachute Club:

www.skydivekamloops.org

[email protected]

(250) 376-1213

Counting the days!:)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Confirmed. I will be there representing BirdMan for the duration of the boogie. I am running a BM-I course as soon as I get there (I arrive on the 19th) and will be organizing and providing first flight instruction. I will have all the available BirdMan suit demos as well as Pantz in all sizes to try/buy.

I will also give an "intro to competition canopy piloting" seminar at some point during the boogie.

See you all there.

Chuck