SkydiveSoBe

First Boogie at Skydive South Beach! (Pahokee, FL) Jan 24&25

Yes, that's right, we having our first boogie at Skydive SoBe! Oops! Did I said first? Well, I guess we'll be buying beer for that too! B|

Thanks to the great efforts of Justin from Mirage Systems, we'll have a few FREE amenities the weekend of Jan 24 and 25:

*Mirage, Performance Designs and Big Air Sportz will bring FREE demos!
*Nathan Gilbert from Team Method/Atlanta Skydiving Center will be here doing FREE Organizing!
*Yari from Birdman will bring FREE demos! Come soar the beautiful clouds over Lake Okeechobee!
*FREE Beer and FREE Food!

So don't miss out on this great weekend, we are sure to have tons of fun! The boogie has been put together rather quickly so we had no time to advertise it in magazines - so please spread the word!

Thanks so much to all our friends from Skydive Tecumseh (Michigan) and everyone else that spent the holidays with us. We had a rockin' Christmas/New Year Week - We flew over 150 loads with almost 2000 skydives made over our holiday week! Thank you all!

Blue Skies!

Rebeca Perren
Marketing Director
Skydive South Beach, LLC
Toll Free: 866.SKY.SOBE
Phone: 561.924.9998
Fax: 561.924.9962
E-mail: [email protected]
www.SkydiveSouthBeach.com

Mailing Address:
8983 Okeechobee Blvd. #202-212
West Palm Beach, FL 33411

Airport Address:
3800 State Rd. 715
Pahokee, FL 33476

More questions.....will there be a registration fee? Will there be a special rate on jumps?

Might be a perfect weekend to come check out the place, seeing as how my birthday is the 23rd and I'd LOVE to get some freeflying time in with Mr. Gilbert.

Talk to me ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

There are no license requirements for the boogie - we have a HUGE landing area on the south side of the building for students and other license holders that prefer to land there.

Also, there are no registration fees. Jumps are $18 from 14,000 FT or above (Our pilot is often generous with altitude ;)) There will be no special jump rates, however, there will be free load organizing, demos, food and yes - BEER!

I hope to see you all there! B|

A little extra information...

Our listing in the "Dropzones" section has innacurate information. Unfortunately a friend of ours started the listing to get us going, but mistakenly marked facilities that we actually don't have yet. We are currently working on getting a campground and a bunk house where the old Skydive America facilities used to be, but it's still on the works. As soon as we have them I will put a post in here - we are hoping that it will be in the next week or so - keep fingers crossed! Anyway, the Marina (just 5 minutes away) has camping and trailer hook-ups.

On a better note, we have officially started our $15 Fridays! So show up a day earlier and get $15 jumps to 14,000' and above!

See you here ;)

Looking for Accomodations?

As Rebeca said, there isn't a bunkhouse yet. But, a bunch of us were just down there for a week over Christmas/New Years and found a great place to stay for a reasonable amount of money.

Three miles from the dropzone there is a place called Everglades Adventures (http://evergladesadventuresresort.com/) that rents RV hookups, campsites for tents and cabins. We rented two cabins - equipped with kitchens, tvs to watch your daily videos, grills outside, campfires, screened in porches, beds and showers. We didn't have to intentionally tame our party habits either. When we made our reservations, we told them we were skydivers and they put us down at the far end away from most old folks. We had great parties almost every night, listened to music pretty loud, etc etc. We had no problems at all.

They also have laundry facilities there - buck a load. If you stay there, bring a radio - there aren't any in the cabins. I was in a small cabin that slept "three" (two bunk beds and a fouton), but we had just enough floor space for one more. The larger cabins are a bit more expensive, but they have lofts and a seperate bedroom.

The kitchen allows you to save money by cooking your own meals - and it's close enough to run back for lunches.

If you want any other info, feel free to PM me. SoBe is still my favorite dz so far. Well worth the trip.

YAY! I may just travel all the way down there for this boogie!...eer wait, I'm there every weekend. Okay, so I'll probably show up *before* noon then. It IS a special occasion after all :>

See ya there!

-R

More news about our 1st Boogie!

Brian Germain will be giving a FREE Canopy Control Seminar on Saturday night (Jan 25). He will also be available for coaching.

And don't forget about our $15 Fridays!

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Thank goodness they are having a boogie (an excuse for me to travel) or I'd probably NEVER see you again.

Now as to when I am getting there I am still not sure....Friday is borthday and $15 jumps would be groovey but gotta wait on the man - and pick up my rig from Sebastian so birthday might be at Sebastian but the rest of the weekend I am checking out what all this SoBe talk is about ;).

See ya soon!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hell yes im excited, i think our hi temp today was 15 and ive got 2 more days till im on site. Sounds like its going to be a rockin party in the new hanger, the crew down there is working non stop on the hanger to get it ready. Plus with all the folks that are coming, the dives will be spectacular. B|

BASE 655~Hellfish 69
EMBRACE HUMAN FLIGHT

I'm super bummed:( - darn work keeps getting in the way of skydiving:P...

This is going to be a great boogie, right in my backyard and we can't be there>:(:S.

Hope everyone has a great time and posts LOTS of pictures!:)
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.