bendywendy

KEYS BOOGIE 2003

Sunset loads will include beach jumps but usually during the day we land mainly at the airport. There's lots of things to do there if you get bored of just hanging out.

There are jet ski rentals, the beaches, scuba and snorkeling - stand around too long at the airport looking like you have nothing to do and we'll probably put you to work doing something.

People need to get their registrations in. I've got a whole bunch of slots held for people who have told me they are coming but as soon as all the others are filled, I'll have to start giving them up.

Ok, I'm a little late, but check is in the mail for the boogie.

My questions is, how much are jump tickets and what kind of floatation device is required.

I purchased an inflatable "paddle float," from REI, that is used among Kayakers. In the past, I've used CO2 life jackets and floats. This paddle float has one buckle that can strap around a chest strap when in need. I would stash this in my jumpsuit however, deflated, and whip it out if needed. Definitely not Coast Guard approved, but will work.

Is this ok? Suggestions?

P.S. What kind of formation flying can I expect?

Jump tickets are $20.

Some kind of flotation device - even little aquabouys are ok (don't count on them to save you, but they pass) - no rubber duckies or water wings, please. I don't think a paddle float would count if it is something you have to manually blow up. You need something that will either float you just the way it is - like a vest or something that you pull the little stringy thing and a CO2 cartridge instantly inflates it. If you land in the water, you should be getting out of your gear rather than pulling out a float and trying to blow it up.

As for formations - well, we have Roger Ponce, Boxman and Derek Thomas all organzizing bellyfliers and a couple of members of Elsinore's Sakibomb and Dave Brown doing some Freefly organizing.

Only 8 more days until I will be flying above the tropical aqua-blue-green waters of The Keys.

I am getting so gosh darn exctied. I wanted to check out the beach for a potential beach jump. Think I might have to save THAT first for the Keys Boogie for sure!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I see you are from ASC....I was just there the end of September for a quick visit - tightest landing area I have had to deal with yet.

Can't wait to hear this little "diddley" you will be spinning for us next weekend. See ya then!

Yo, Sunnydee, what does that have to do with the Keys Boogie? :P Shimell, we will be at least driving back through there from Key West and will possibly see you there if it's already going on.

Peace,

Chuckie

well you better stop by then..... see ya there...

So BendyWendy....are you still praying to the weather Gods for us? I had some WICKED storms hovering over my house lastnight. First time in AGES that a thunderstorm kept me up waiting for the roof to fall in ;) - thank goodness I have someone there to "protect me" :)

IT'S GOING TO BE NICE THIS WEEEKEND....

IT'S GOING TO BE NICE THIS WEEKEND...........

IT'S GOING TO BE NICE THIS WEEKEND...................