nightjumps

104 Skydives in 12 Hours - New Oklahoma & World Record

Saturday, June 21, 2003
9 AM to 9 PM

Dale Settle; owner of Skydive Tulsa set a new Oklahoma State Record and surpassed the world record of 100 (set earlier this year by a team from South Africa) for most skydives in 12 hours from a C-182 with 104 SKYDIVES IN 12 HOURS. The entire event was set on a constant video tape with each jump logged with a date/time group stamp. Dale jumped from 2500' on each jump placed his hand on his hackey and held his altimeter in front of his face and would throw the hackey handle at 2100'. Dale had one reserve ride and was under reserve by 1200'

$7,878.00 was raised for the Humane Society of Tulsa which exceeded the goal of $7,500.00.

Local radio celebrities Kelley Cash & Tom Carey with K95.5 KWEN Country Radio made a Tandem jump to help raise awareness and funds for the Humane Society of Tulsa. We wish to thank; Kelley & Tom for their help over the past couple of weeks with PSA's; KOTV (Channel 6) for the news coverage; the Tulsa World for PSA's and news article after the event and our own industry magazine - USPA's "Parachutist" for helping make this event a success.

Jay Stokes of Skydive Elsinore (three-time world record holder for most skydives in 24 hours) sent Dale an email of congratulations upon completing the event. Jay will attempt to surpass Mike Zang's 24 hour record of 500 skydives by skydiving 550 times in 24 hours. We want to thank Jay for his technical input on making this event a success and wish him success on Veteran's Day 2003.

The event team consisted of:

Packers
Anthony DuBose
Stacey McPherson
J.P. Patronek
J.R. Booth
Christian Grill
Mark Ketchum
Rhonda Nakayama

Music
Tom Frits

Video
Dave Dishman
Don Maxwell

DZ Coordinator
Robin Maxwell

Record Keeping
Toni Booth

Pilots
Tony McCutchan
Jeff Springer
Shane Summers

Medical
Susan Duke, DO
Cari McDonald DVM

Event Organizer
Keith Laub

Dale can be an animal at times... ;)

Actually, the Humane Society of Tulsa brought out homeless puppies for the crowd to see and perhaps adopt (which did happen). Doc Cari takes care of the critters and ensures they aren't getting too hot in the Oklahoma heat.

Dale had one reserve ride and was under reserve by 1200'

Packers
Anthony DuBose

Can you track who packed that mal? ;)

Congrats to all that made this work.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

oooooooo!!! I'm telllllllin!!!!! Hey Ant, "You know what Mar said!!! hehe

Actually, the true heroes of the day were Ant and Stacy. They literally packed for 7 hours straight without relief and for the whole 12 hours of the event. No Breaks. They had an assembly line going. One setting the brakes, collapsing the slider, and line check and fluff; another would pack and cock the P/c; another do the line stows and put it in the pack tray and another that closed it up.

Actually, the true heroes of the day were Ant and Stacy.

Makes me proud to call them my brothers.
Give them both hugs from me.:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Congratulations!!! I won the jump hog award during our boogie a couple weekends ago. We raised $1200 for a scholarship fund in memory of a former jumper. I made 13 jumps to 10k that day in the Cessna, I can only imagine what 104 would have been like. Thanks for all the work you did, even though i'm in Kansas, it's always important to help out whenever you can. In some way or another, you changed someone's life that day by jumping.

Keep up the work everyone and blue skies

Chris
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!