voodew1

$2.50 Chinook jumps from 14k

Thats right 2.50 helo jumps from 14k at Skydive Temple in Salado Texas. There will also be $90 tandems. This all happens next weekend the 21&22.
Now the bad news for most you, must be a military ID card holder to jump this Helo.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

dang, i wish it wouldn't cost me 250 for a plane ticket down there... i'd be all over those helo jumps...... for once this little gren card could help me out... oh well... any plans on this happening again soemtime?? if i coul dplan ahead i would definatly try and take leave to make some jums outa one of those helo's,,,,,

As far as I know and what I have been told is that if you have a military ID which can be a spouse of the person in the military you are qualified. I would say if you can get on a military post and buy goods at the military stores you would qualify.
As for the lift capacity I am not sure but it is something like 40 I think.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I don't know if a CH-47 will fit 40, I've jumped 46's which are the scaled down version of the Army 47 (46's are the Navy and Marine Corps versions) and we only put 12 or 14 in, but of course that's with combat equipment and military rigs are twice the size of normal parachute rigs.

I would imagine that you could probably squeeze 28 to 34 people in there. I just hope that bird doesn't leak hydralic fluid like the 46's do. Any one jumping them, what out for puddles on the seats and floor!

We Marines have a saying when flying in 46's -
"If it ain't leakin', don't fly in it. No leaks means it's out of fluid!"

"If it ain't leakin', don't fly in it. No leaks means it's out of fluid!"

Ah chinooks, they have a bit of a potted history, they are grounded for civilian use here in the UK after one went down off Shetland killing 45 guys flying home from the Brent Bravo oil rig (I narrowly missed that flight). Another incident saw one hitting a hillside in the Mull Of Kintyre, and one went in near Mannhein Germany killing all the skydivers on board and the crew - 46 people....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson