obes

The Beer line, how fine is it?

When is beer owed on the beer line?
If the Body stops before the line and the Canopy continues to travel over the line so as only fabric and lines are offending, is beer owed?
Is on the line out?

I have searched for similar threads with no luck.

OBes :)

I think once you understand the purpose of the beer line you'll really know the answer to your question. The beer line isn't there as a tool to get swoopers to provide free beer to the DZ, it's there as a safety reminder. Think about what's on the other side of the beer line at your DZ? My home DZ has planes, sometimes moving, on one side and a paved road with a lot of pedestrian traffic on the other.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

"Look, if you had, one - shot , one-opportunity, to sieze everything you ever wanted, in one moment; to capture or just let it slip... he's choking now everybody's joking now, the clocks run out, times up!run out - OVER BLAST! then back to reality, OOPS there goes gravity! OOPs there goes gravity!CHOKE he's so mad but he won't, give up that easy... back to reality , ... do not miss your oppotunity... you only get one shot--one opportunity..." M&M

One step too short, lets have a beer on you... One beyond, you can drink alone...

I'm kinda thirsty anyway...
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

I think once you understand the purpose of the beer line you'll really know the answer to your question. The beer line isn't there as a tool to get swoopers to provide free beer to the DZ, it's there as a safety reminder. Think about what's on the other side of the beer line at your DZ? My home DZ has planes, sometimes moving, on one side and a paved road with a lot of pedestrian traffic on the other.

-
Jim

why did they ever put the "beer tape" on top of the hanger, I found that one humorous....

why did they ever put the "beer tape" on top of the hanger, I found that one humorous....

Oh, there's a story behind that one. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with me.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Oh, there's a story behind that one. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with me.

-
Jim

yeah right, and Stacy never swooped the cow either...;)

I agree. The beer line/tape is up to stop people swooping the packing area and the whuffos (who unlike us don't stay still when swooping is being done...). If one is to land on the wrong side of the beer line or to break the tape mid-swoop, one owes beer. However, you've not landed until your canopy is on the ground obes..
So, as was called last w/e......FREEEEEEEE BEEEEEEEEEEEER!
I put my case on obes, you've now officially been given a notice by the beer police.....:D
ps for details of case see incidents.....

xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I've also been told that the beer line can also signify the divison of property between the dzo's land and the city's land. They said for lawsuit reasons, it would be better for the dzo if someone got hurt on the city's land and not his. Has anyone else heard this?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The only "Beer lines" I've dealt with on any of the DZ's I been too are quite simple. Pavement is a case, grass isn't. Well, guess that doesn't help much. :S

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

We take the beer line thing pretty serious at Raeford, especially when there are a lot of family members around and people are packing out in the grass in the sun. Another reason is that we don't want people landing anywhere near the trees when the wind is blowing over them (this is known as "the Raeford Dragon"). Swooping over the packing/spectator area lower than six feet (as you cross over into the "clean" side) will also result in a beer line bust.

Chuck

Actually, there was an incident recently at a Florida DZ, I believe. A novice skydiver got behind the wind on a spotting problem and, rather than attempting to use another field, tried to make it back. The winds were at least 15-20mph. Jumper landed on the hangar and then fell off, as the canopy partially re-inflated and swung him/her around beneath it. Had some serious injuries as landed on the tarmac in front of the hangar.[:/]

Harry

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Swooping over the packing/spectator area lower than six feet (as you cross over into the "clean" side) will also result in a beer line bust.

Ditto at Picton (Obes, grumpy, hilly and my home DZ)
Its actually a bit higher than 6 feet and we've put police/construction plastic tape up: it'll break if you hit it, and if you swoop the lawn you can't avoid it.....BEEEEEEEEEEER!
WHen I 1st started skydiving (6 years on feb 7th) I couldn't drink beer. Vodka costs money, beer does not.....I now drink beer!
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

At my DZ first point of contact is the rule so you cant drag a toe but if the canopy falls back over the line your ok. What this means is -----
Javelin oddesy w/cypress $5000
Full face helmet $311
Custom RW suit $298
Altimiter $150
Cost of sacrificing body, pride, and equipment to keep from buying a $30 case of beer PRICELESS!!!

I know the beer sounds high but I jump with Wendy and the no cheap beer rule

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid