kansasskydiver

Help with my Skydiving Website

Hey everyone I have a favor to ask. I created a new site for our club and since then have had good and bad reports of it. The problem I'm faced with is, most of the people who see the site are buddies or just check it for weather. Let's say you're a whuffo or an experienced jumper. Take a look at the site and let me know, comments, suggestions, i hate this part get rid of it. Basically I'm tired of people calling me for info because they can't find it on the site or something doesn't work etc etc etc. If you find something really bad send me a PM. Thanks in advance

www.ksu.edu/ksupc

Blue skies

Chris aka Flash

On the members page, the calender link points to the member page.

My other comment, is that on a lot of pages your menu is bigger then the content of the webpage! Try to use your pages a bit more effeciently.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I found that the border on the fonts in the directory were hard to read (the words on the left side of the page). Maybe change the fonts or drop the border around the letters?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Ok, a couple of things based on a quick peek...

-Lose the "splash-screen"(the first page with the welcomes). Nobody wants to see it after the first visit to the site. It serves no purpose.
-The menu could use some work. You might want to consider using text instead of images. If you choose to use images as the links, be sure to define the ALT-text for the links.
-The menu has two links that point off-site, personally I don't like that. You could make pages behind those links, and the pages would then have the off-site link... Or you could move the links to the bottom of the navibar, under a separator of some sort, so they wouldn't be confused as links on your site.

-On a positive note, the background works!:o It's a rare occurrence to see a background image used on a website so that it doesn't make the text difficult to read... It could use a couple of bellyfliers though.:P

Yeah but it would be better if it sucked you in and spat you out at 15,000 ft

That would suck! I'm sitting at the computer in shorts and sandles. My rig is sitting in the corner, I would burn in with out a rig on...:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Those Splash Screens at the front really turn me off. The front page is too busy. When I first click a link this is what I like to See:
1) Something Nice to Look at
2) Clear Navigation to the site
3) Some Keywords, Bold Words that jump out at me to summerize the site

News Items and Upcomming events can belong on a front page, but not front and center.

Licensed non-members

Each jump is an additional $.50 to lift ticket

Is this for real? If so I will take about 3000 jumps worth.;)

P.S. This Boo Boo is under the prices section

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte