Zenister

Skydive Bagdad?

an idle comment around the table after the beer light was on spawned this thought.

how cool would it be to be on one of the first few loads for the first Iraqi dropzone? not just for bragging rights;) but for what the ability to sustain jump operations would mean for the quality of life for the average Iraqi citizen.

if your going to dream, dream BIG

I think it would be cool to take Iraqis up for free tandems. Just to let them know that Western decadence is not all bad! :P I'd want to make sure I wasn't going to PLF in a cruise missile crater though!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

When do we go??;) I thought military jumps didn't count in the skydiving world.

Military freefall jumps absolutely DO count.

morning Master monkey, can you tell us if any have been made yet?? just wondering.

When do we go??;) I thought military jumps didn't count in the skydiving world.

Military freefall jumps absolutely DO count.

Chuck

I think all jumps count...I've had students with 100
static line military jumps and they may not anything
about free fall but they still left the A/C 100 times!
Sometimes at 600' in the dark with no reserve.
Experience is experience...you can't take that away from them!
...mikeB|
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

You Guys talk about military jumps. And those Damn paratroops???? Well aint that just nifty boys...Like to see you so called skydivers try and do some of the things paratroops do..Like jump in complete darkness at 800 ft wearing full Combat equipment ...you just havent lived.....:o

The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

You Guys talk about military jumps. And those Damn paratroops????

uh. i think your responding to the wrong post..I AM a former paratrooper, and completely support the mission they do. i just like sport canopies better :)

Definately-Sport Canopies are really cool when it comes to Military T-10 stuff. Im an x-paratrroper myself. Dont mean to say anything wrong its just Im partial to those guys and I think thats how our sport kinda started out anyway. Man,, to much triple AAA for me to even come near that place to do a sport jump even if I thought I could pull it off....B|

The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

I think all jumps count. Just because they are using rounds and are on static-line does not mean they dont count.

If that were the case then all static line jumps should not count.

TOT
TOT
www.SkydiveMoncton.com

To my wife: 'If you ask me to stop skydiving, you are asking me to move out!'

As long as the Iraqi information minister is on our side.
If you get anyone asking you if you just jumped through cloud, set the Information minister on them:

"Jump through cloud. There are no clouds in Iraq - we drove them all out. They will never darken the skies of Iraq. Iraqi skydivers will have cloud free skies forever"

You Guys talk about military jumps. And those Damn paratroops???? Well aint that just nifty boys...Like to see you so called skydivers try and do some of the things paratroops do..Like jump in complete darkness at 800 ft wearing full Combat equipment ...you just havent lived.....:o

I was in the Army but never jumped. But totally agree with you, the military is pretty badass, no doubt about it. Not to mention getting shot at while youre parachuting down....

As long as Im on this it kind of reminds me of something. During that first jump course at Marana, I kept getting the feeling I was back in the Army. He would go on for an hour, then take a 10 min smoke brake outside, then go back in the classroom, thats exactly what they used to do in the Army! And this guy was in the Army like 14 years ago. Felt like I was a "trainee" all over again.

"Drop you fucking maggot! Push!!!" Ha ha. Dont miss it.

an idle comment around the table after the beer light was on spawned this thought.

how cool would it be to be on one of the first few loads for the first Iraqi dropzone? not just for bragging rights;) but for what the ability to sustain jump operations would mean for the quality of life for the average Iraqi citizen.

if your going to dream, dream BIG

...well this pic is definately very recent and definately in the same region as Iraq. What do we make of it? Has the Baghdad feat been done already??????

scud-buster.ppt