gatorbait

A poll on what we all love...

I know this will seem silly to some of ya'll, but I was just curious about how ya'll felt about skydiving. For me, It totally changed my life, it gave me a new found courage and self-esteem, and introduced me into a world like no other. I never knew that such a wondeful "extended family" existed. I have expierenced alot of sports in my near 30 years. I grew up on the rodeo circuit, barrel racing. My husband & I have been into rapelling, scuba diving, sport bikes & mountain bikes. I didn't have an immediate love for any of them but barrel racing, but I am still a natural born horse person. So anyhow, I am just curious to see if any one out there feels as strongly or more about skydiving!

definitely, the first skydive I made I knew that I would be doing it for a long time to come. Its gooood.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Not only has Skydiving a way of life, I'm also Airborne and that in its' self is a way of life. The mental part of juming/falling/pushed out the door with 1 or 300 people is something that a lot of people can't or won't do.
Airborne
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

The first time around, back in the seventies, it was a total lifestyle thing. Then I got tired of the whole thing, got married (my wife never even asked me to stop), and rediscovered life on the outside. Now after many years I'm back. I think I would at least like to keep life more balanced between jumping, family, and outside interests. But I'm finding jumping very seductive again, the place I turn to for comfort. When I'm home, I log in here every day.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Started as a life style, now I have balance with the real world.

I still live on the DZ however, but I can spend a weekend on the DZ and not miss it.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I guess in a way skydiving is a way of life. I started jumping at 16 and can't really imagine not jumping but after 9+ years in the sport I need to have the odd weekend away from the DZ and I quite enjoy doing other things. Thsi is particularly true in the cold winter months! But when the skies are blue and the sun is shining I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be that a DZ. :)
Vicki

Skydiving is a really Cool sport and there was a Love there for me in the Sky. However, when it comes down to it Skydiving is a Sport nothing more nothing less. I dont let this sport or any other Sport consume me to a point where I may get burned out or cant see the light in front of me. I have seen many come and many go due to being burned out or wore out etc in my 18 yrs in this Sport. So for me I keep a positive view about it , Skydive when I can and enjoy it but Live life for other things as well. Life is short and I want to enjoy many things including Skydiving...Peace out.. B|..;)

Took 5 years out of the sport while in the Navy. Once back in, it took on a whole mew meaning for me.

Now, with 4-way competition and freeflying and coaching, it's about the biggest thing in my life after my daughter.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ive only just started but I can see this becoming my life. I'm trying not to rush in to it too quickly but its hard to do! My Favorites list has quickly changed from http://www.safc.com/index.asp and www.juno.co.uk to www.dirtdive.co.uk and of course www.dropzone.com.

Ive done many things, one of the best being Scuba Diving. I thought noting could be better (even in the brown coloured North Sea!!). But the day I made my first jump was the same day I advertised all my scuba gear for sale!!

I can get a few jumps for that!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

For me, It totally changed my life, it gave me a new found courage and self-esteem, and introduced me into a world like no other.

I agree - it has totally changed my life. When I hit a low bump in the road, I think back to my friends' smiley faces in the air and I feel elated. When I run up into those work-types who intimidate me, I picture myself and a perfect Otter exit at 12-grand and I feel more self-assured. When I think of all the things I've done in my life just_for_me, I think of skydiving. When I feel lost and lonely I remember the love and affection I feel for everyone in my skydiving "family" And for that it has changed my life radically and forever. (shoot - I'm starting to mist up)

I'm in a non-skydiving mode at the moment. Not sure when I'll return. And happy to say there's more to life than the DZ.

BUT, forever, skydiving will be an important part of who I am.

LA*

Is a chicken omelette redundant?