tornadoresearch

your card for the jumper killed at the wffc (his family )

Pops walked into Tent 3 the day he died, just to say hello to all of us he had jumped with the year before. He made at least 25 jumps in Tent 3 in 2002 but "graduated" to Tent 1 in 2003. He spread out his canopy and began packing it, when Lee from Lodi jumped on Pops' back and hugged and kissed him (much to Pops' disgust, although he took it well).

Later I realized what a wonderful last memory Lee has of Pops, and that his last interaction with him was so positive. Pops was a very special person, and he touched so many of us with his humor, wit, and generally all around good vibes. He will be missed as long as we are around to miss him. My sincere condolences to his friends, family, and skydiving community.

DJan

Forever the Bluest of Blue Skies Pops...

I was roaming the loading tents and got the last slot on the now call... I walked up the packed area and said "Who wants video?" I don't remember who from the group said "We do!", but I jumped on with that skydive at the last second. I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone before the jump. In the cloud of sadness from that jump, I hope Pops gets his copy of the photo of the completed round right over the airport... wherever he is now, and I hope he smiles.

BSBD
peace
lew

*I will try to post it when I can.
http://www.exitshot.com