richardd

Throw Out PC

If you dont convert, you'll have one hell of a time trying to find 2nd hand kit, So you'll probably have to buy new. Also what happens if you drop the ripchord? Only problem with throw out is if you get lazy with it or dump infront of your arm. But its def worth using.

Remember you're not allowed to jump a pull-out until you got a C-licence, but again that kind of equipment is harder to find 2nd hand.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

I think you should definately convert soon. After i did my AFF I did 2 consols then converted to throw away. Its much better (in my opinion) and your future kit will no doubt be throw away.

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

I would advise you to convert if, and only if, you're willing to make the conversion permanent.

Once you go throw-out, you don't ever want to jump another rip cord rig, at least for the conceivable future.

When you convert you need to relearn the muscle memory of your procedures... and I'd hate to see you confuse yourself by finally learning throwout, then confusing yourself by going back and forth.

Go throw-out if you're ready to go permanently.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I would advise you to convert if, and only if, you're willing to make the conversion permanent.

Once you go throw-out, you don't ever want to jump another rip cord rig, at least for the conceivable future.

When you convert you need to relearn the muscle memory of your procedures... and I'd hate to see you confuse yourself by finally learning throwout, then confusing yourself by going back and forth.

Go throw-out if you're ready to go permanently.

_Am

In my work I jump rigs with the deployment handle in a variety of places. I do this without problems because I do not rely on muscle memory. When you initiate deployment it should be deliberate conscious action.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

When you convert you need to relearn the muscle memory of your procedures...
_Am

Wont it depend on what type or ripcord container he's currently using? I did my AFF with a BOC ripcord rig. When I switched to throw away it was also BOC. The only thing I had to remember was to let go, which isnt really that hard!

I did my AFF with a BOC ripcord rig. When I switched to throw away it was also BOC. The only thing I had to remember was to let go, which isnt really that hard!

same here..when i went thru the coversion breif the JM said "and dont stuff this one down your jump suit" ;)

I currently have a BOC(i think). the throw outs in the same place pretty much!

I think you should definately convert. You only need to remember to to keep the palm of your hand facing toward the bottom half of your body so the bridle doesnt wrap around your arm (this will be your hands natural position normally) and to let go.

Talk to your instructor and he'll give you a briefing

dont know about you but I recall the ripchord killing my body position on my aff jumps...everytime i reached for that damn thing my body position went to hell, dropped a leg, etc...one time I did a complete barrel roll from reaching for the damn thing...I hated the rip chords...so much easier to have a stable body position at pull time with boc.