schattenjaeger

Dang, so much for making it through all of AFF without repeating one...

Level 3 was a pretty good skydive, looking at it wholistically, I guess. Didn't tumble(as much)on the exit, actually got a thumbs up from one of the instructors as my first hand signal(yayy)got the two practice pulls, then they let me go to see if I could maintain a heading. As they put it, I got kinda twitchy in trying to turn with my arms, and although I clearly had a heading and was trying to maintain it, once I started turning to correct, one of my legs went kinda funky, and kept me locked in a perpetual drift that I was perpetually correcting, so they could never really leave me completely untouched for terribly long, so they're gonna have me do 3 again. Oh well, now I've gotta feel for it:) Except I left my mouth hanging open again so my throat is dry >_<

I just completed by level 3 last Saturday. One question... why exactly are you tumbling (or, not as much)? My experience has been that you simply step out of the plane and become belly stable fairly quickly. Anyway, good luck on the re-do.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Dont' feel bad from what I've heard from instructors it's quite uncommon for someone to make it through witout reapeating atleast one level. If it makes you feel better I know someone that had some severe spinning issues with level 6. That person repeated that level like 8 times, even had to go back level 3 and then went through the rest with no trouble. Now, he's a terrific skydiver. Everyone has there own hurdle to get over. Stick with it, you'll get through it. If it makes you feel better I had to repeat level 2 my first time thru AFF.
Just remember to relax and most of all HAVE FUN!!!

Good Luck!!!!
B|

why exactly are you tumbling (or, not as much)? My experience has been that you simply step out of the plane and become belly stable fairly quickly. .

It depends on the aircraft, exits differ depending on the type of plane you're exiting, a 182 exit is completly different to a Navajo for instance:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have to repeat level 3 also. The JM released at 9000 feet and I started turning due to my legs not being symmetrical. Then I go and break my leg upon landing. Now I have to wait until next year to repeat level 3. I would kick myself if I could! :P Remember to keep your feet and knees together.

WOW, they are strict. I swear, during my training as long as I pulled the chute I couldn't fail.

It sounds like you know what the problem was I can't beleive they would make you repeate. I screwed up a lot of stuff, but never did have to repeate.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty