tcnelson

slider retainer

Pssss......keep this quiet. I have a removable slider I have been working on and have been test jumping it for a while now. The test have been shown to be very favorable(patent pending) :)
I was stowing my sliding behind my head for years and got fed up one day!! When I stowed the slider behind my head, there was an occasion or two where my vision would get blocked to the left or the right. The best solution I came up with is a removable slider.

I'll let you know how the continuing test jumps go over the next few months.

If there is anyone interested or has some input they would like to [email protected].

C-ya

Have you rigger make you one that slides under your reserve flap up near the top (where it 'hinges'). I'm sure he/she will know what I'm talking about and has seen one before.

And before you ask, no Ive never heard of this device hampering a reserve deployment before. In fact I had a reserve ride a couple weeks ago and the deployment wasnt hampered at all.

JC

have you ever heard of any problems with a chopped main being held from clearing due to the velcroed slider?

Hookandswoop tested that theory and couldnt generate that type of problem. His report is somewhere in gear and rigging.
Remster

"Slider catchers" sewn to your main risers will keep your slider down.
Old school slider catchers are like tuck tabs, opening downwards.
The latest style of slider catchers are simply triangles sewn out of webbing and sewn onto your risers about 2 inches above the crotch.