atsaubrey

Moss Point, MS

Anyone jumping there on saturday oct. 4th or sun. the 5th? I'm flying in from San Diego to start AFF. Why would I fly all the way to Mississippi to go skydiving? Cause I got to be one of the biggest guys ever to do it, thats why...and they said what the hell. OK enough jokes..looking for some encouragement (yes i'm scared shitless) and need to buy my new "friends" beer! Look me up.
"GOT LEAD?"

Good luck with your aff and have fun!

Blue Skies, Soft Landings!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

thanks for the encouragement. i'm also glad to see everyone else giving it to me>:(. I've worked my a** off to find a DZ to jump a 300lbs guy, and i'm excited as hell. i have been talking to several people at the DZ's around here and they have been the nicest people and very encouraging. If any of you know "Bear" and any of the other Sky SKum that jump at Perris tell them i said thanks for all of the support and offers. they were the nicest guys imaginable. Any way thanks to Prost for hooking me up at Moss Point and all the others who replied to my posts both encouraging and not. I'm not giving up this dream and after meeting the "Sky Skum" i know it is possible to jump at my weight, and these guys did nothing more than get me more excited.
"GOT LEAD?"

Have a great time on your jump -- I'm flying out to SoCal for the same weekend.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've been to Moss Point a few times and Mike Igo is one of the best. He is so jumper friendly. Everytime I've been there he has made improvements to the dz to benefit the fun jumper and students.

Good luck with you AFF!

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

hi aubrey:

i'm afraid most of our dropzone regulars will be attending the chicks rock boogie in elsinore this weekend. even our dzo, mike igo, will be attending the event....funny, you are coming from san diego while some of us will be going to san diego...:P

well unfortunately i won't be making it to the chicks rock this year :( soooo: i will be in moss point along with my boyfriend jj & our friend craig. you can pm me with any questions you may have regarding the dz. 'k'

we look forward to meeting you ~
smiles*

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

or i'll hate it..one or the other
but knowing me, i'll be hooked..adrenaline is a wonderful thing

Its better than just adrenaline!!!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

Scares the holy S$%t out of me.....but for some reason need to do it again already. :-) This is how it went...first jump passed, 2nd jump went better than the 1st..passed, 3rd jump from 15,000 (got a little more air time :-) crashed on landing (in the trees) and screwed up both knees and one ankle... still passed. no worries though, feeling better already and can walk today. by the way got all of these AFF jumps done in one day. now im asking myself why i want to scare the crap out of myself again...believe me it SCARES me.
"GOT LEAD?"

hey Aubrey:

i don't know if you remember me ~ Mel* ~ i spoke to you on the plane and by the video room??

well, i just wanted to let you know that everyone was cheering for your success and completion of 3 AFF levels!!! yaaaaaaay! in my opinion, you landed your canopy very nicely :)
i wasn't aware that you hurt your little knees on landing :o... those darn trees are always in the way; hehehehehee :D ~ just to let you know Many people have landed in those trees. including my youngest sister, Jenn :P but i am happy that you are feeling better and looking forward to your next jump :P

keep having fun okay sweetie?!!!

BIG smiles for aubrey :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

i just wanted to let you know that everyone was cheering for your success and completion of 3 AFF levels!!!

No shit, there I was, at Elsinore, Sunday morning. Talking with the DZO from Moss Point...and when he told me you had passed, I threw up my hands and hollered "YAYAYAYAY"!

So we are cheering you from all corners of the country...best to you!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

OMG!!!! Congrats! You sound like a complete natural to have completed three in one day. I would be SO proud! Btw, I am a regular jumper at Elsinore, and I am not even 1/3rd your body weight. When you return to CA, have a license and some more experience; we have to one day get together and rodeo or something. That would be soo funny to see on film!

Btw, when I began earlier this year (I am between 95-97lbs.), my original DZ only had huge canopies for AFF students. I was under a 280 main, and I took forever to come down...:S:( Landing was hard as I had to give it my all with my stomach and pull with my back muscles (Thank god that I have muscles from climbing!). I had to use my whole body and was basically doing a pull up. Whew~ The difficulties of being a non-average size! I just wanted to let you know that I understand your situation a little, although your had the opposite problem than I.

Good luck with everything! I hope that you have fun with the awesome jumpers at Gold Coast! I met some of them last weekend (including the DZO, Mike), and I truly have fallen under their southern spell. They are such angels. :)

well i wished i could have finished AFF there but injuries kicked me in the butt. i have to talk to Perris, Elsinore and see if they will let me complete AFF out here if i can get the guys in Moss Point to let me rent the rig from them. sounds like they only use it once or twice a year so....i would figure they would. if not, i'll have to plan another trip to the south. BTW everyone down there were kick ass and i will definately be heading back regardless. I head up to Elsinore all the time to watch, so if you see a huge guy walking around come up and say hi. I'll jump with ya...if ya can keep up. LOL 137mph during my first AFF and the camera guy didnt do so good hanging with me. lol
"GOT LEAD?"

LOL 137mph during my first AFF and the camera guy didnt do so good hanging with me. lol

Yeah, something like that for me, too...LOL, I'm still working on getting slow enough to fly with normal people. I've lost both the camera person and the instructor during AFF...

So, when you're done with your license stuff, I would be happy to jump with you...and if you're at Elsinore this Saturday, ask around for me. Someone will point me out to you, and we'll meet. Deal?

And congratulations. I am sure there will be a way to work this out...chase your dream, my friend. Chase it and fly!

Ciels-
Michele

AC. I will make sure to look for someone who's really tall.

Rob Tonnesen's ash dive is this weekend, and there will be a lot of people there. Most likely I will not be jumping - at least, not earlier during the day. And chances are my hair will be down...look for someone about 5'7", brown hair to her bottom, with brown eyes. Again, worst case scenario, have the folks at the office or at manifest page me. That's been done several times successfully.

But most definitely DO NOT LEAVE until you find me. Deal?

Ciels-
Michele