cloud9

Texas Jumpers

Hey folks Ground Rush in Beaumont Tx was jumping a Twin Bonanza but it broke. So we leased a C-206 and it broke. Well then we leased a C-182 from Waller and it blew an engine. So we leased a Porter from Chicago land and it broke too. Well I told you all that just to tell you this.
Chicago land is now sending us their super Otter, I know, not much for some of you folks but a hell of deal for us. We need some support to keep it flying and hell just to keep it for a few weeks. So it looks like $16 jumps from a super otter to 14,000 next weekend. If your anywhere in the area please come out and help us support the super otter make some $16 jumps and meet the bad luck boys of Beaumont!
We'll buy some beer and I have no doubt you'll have a good time, so give us a shout.
If you can't make it please send some vibes our way we need a plane for at least a couple of weekends before it quits.

Ok, that's Mini-Me. Cyclops is the narrow body 182 with the eyeball on the spinner. That was Aggieland's plane for a good while, before we replaced it with an even faster 182...Gypsy.B|

Eitherway, it doesn't matter, since we've replaced that with a Turbine, a Beech 99.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Actually the Porter left us and went to Calf. for the week and was supposed to come back this weekend. It broke out west and never made it back.
We will definitely take care of the Otter, we're really looking forward to it. We're a fairly small DZ so I imagine it will fly light loads most of the time, it should come back to you all in great shape.B|

Hey folks Ground Rush in Beaumont Tx was jumping a Twin Bonanza but it broke. So we leased a C-206 and it broke. Well then we leased a C-182 from Waller and it blew an engine. So we leased a Porter from Chicago land and it broke too.

Easy on them planes, dude ;);)

Will it be there Friday? How many jumpers does it take to make it fly? Are you expecting a good turnout?

I'm not sure when the Otter will be down, but we're only open Saturday and Sunday so that's when it'll be flying. As far as turn out, I have no idea they're not really doing anything special except for the cheaper jumps to try to draw a few more folks. Rumor has it now that it will fly with as few as 11 on the load.

The Chicagoland Otter has a nice polka dot paint job so it should send some good vibes your way.

Wow like the Porter? I thought that was one ugly paint job, but I sure loved the ride!

Thanks for all the vibes now come on out and jump at a small DZ atmosphere with a huge landing area and a Super Otter (at least for a while anyway)

I shot video for the river fest about three years ago,
what a fun dz, nice folks and great vibes. If I remember right there was a Queenair from that dz that was traded for the weekend for a A90 Kingair for the 4 way meet and it (Queenair) had a problem with the gear and had to land gearup at the other dz, you guys are tough on airplanes!! I think that Otter was at Nationals, bad dream paint job but a nice aiplane.
Good luck and have fun.

Actually the Porter left us and went to Calf. for the week and was supposed to come back this weekend. It broke out west and never made it back.
We will definitely take care of the Otter, we're really looking forward to it. We're a fairly small DZ so I imagine it will fly light loads most of the time, it should come back to you all in great shape.B|

If it is the Porter with the polka dots, it was used to fly Jay Stokes. When he was done on the morning of the 12th. the plane was fine. The Porter from Eloy was broke. The pilot from Chicago did one hell of a job, flew his ass off.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I shot video for the river fest about three years ago,
what a fun dz, nice folks and great vibes. If I remember right there was a Queenair from that dz that was traded for the weekend for a A90 Kingair for the 4 way meet and it (Queenair) had a problem with the gear and had to land gearup at the other dz, you guys are tough on airplanes!! I think that Otter was at Nationals, bad dream paint job but a nice aiplane.
Good luck and have fun.

It landed gear up at Skydive USA. It was my first day as dz manager. The owner was at the festival having fun. It was the only time that I didn't ask my student if he was ready to skydive, since we were going anyway.

never pull low......unless you are

Yea we used to do the Neches River Festival RW meet every year in the spring. It was a great fun event.B| But that time of year is just not weather conducive to good jumping. Usually very cloudy and /or even worse very windy. So after loosing big bucks bringing in an Otter and setting things up they just decided they couldn't afford to put it on anymore.
That was in the Queen Air days of the DZ. I guess it's always had bad luck with aircraft.:( We can only hope that will change in the near future.:)

If you were not here this weekend you missed out. We put up 15 Otter loads on saturday and had a great time doing it. I hope you weren't watching the weather report. If so we were jumping while you were watching. Remember $16 super otter jumps to somewhere around 14,000 give or take a grand. Well where the hell are you?