calphoto

Working for these places...

Haven't seen it much here, since the focus of DZ.Com is the jumpers, but was interested in getting feedback on working for various drop zones. Have worked fo several in my flying time, and some were obviously better than others. In the interest of saving newly minted pilots, jump instructors, packers, etc from months to years of grief, I thought I'd start it off...
Hartwood, Virginia, home of a one engined Twin-Bo, magical times and magical people, and the owner. Treat his machines right, and he'll just grumble a bit when you do a sunset runway check (got to get REAL close to the runway to see if jumpers are there, don't you?) but knowledgable, totally informative, and just plain honest when dealing with people.
and the jumpers there aren't too bad either. If they don't happen to get another big plane, where in the area is there a friendly drop zone?
Hartwood Paracenter - The closest DZ to DC!

Skydiving is a small community, so I am reluctant to publicly criticize some of the DZs I used to work at. Oh, wait a minute, most the DZOs that I did not get along with are out of business, funny how that happens.
In the long run, their own bad karma forces them out of business.
I retrospect, I was treated well by Skydive Kangaroo, Skydive Hinkley, Byron, California City, Hemet, Perris, Elsinore, Snohomish and Pitt Meadows.