schattenjaeger

How far do YOU drive to get your skydiving fix?

I travel 1 hour 45 minutes from Columbus, Ohio to AerOhio in Rittman. Worth every minute. Of course I do not do the driving. My best friend does because he LIKES driving and I hate it. Damn SLOW-hio drivers drive me nuts.:P.

I could drive to Skydive Greene County which is only about an hour away but the OSU skydiving course took place at AerOhio, which is how I started, so I just continued to go there. Now it is home. Though I plan on going to SGC for poops and snorts. I hear good things about them. But AeroOhio will always be home for me.

Unless of course I move back to Florida then I think I will visit skymama in DelandB|. Then again, if I go back to Florida I will probably just waste away in Margaritaville with Jimmy;). Man I miss the Keys.

I think I've got you all beat. I'm in Wyoming, and have to drive to Colorado to get in a jump. Works out to about 300 miles. 4 Hours in a car just to find an airplane they'll let me jump out of. Its worth every second isn't it?

I'm about to fly 4500kms then drive 2 hours so I can jump mid week:)I'm travelling from Perth Western Oz to Brisbane in Queensland in January just s oI can jump for 7 days in a row;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sure, I'll break a record here :ph34r:
As I live in Siberia and have no dropzones near my city, I travel 3 thousand kilometres (about 4,800 miles) to Moscow region for skydiving.
It takes me 3 hours by plane and 1 hour by bus to get to DZ Kolomna

Sure, I'll break a record here :ph34r:
As I live in Siberia and have no dropzones near my city, I travel 3 thousand kilometres (about 4,800 miles) to Moscow region for skydiving.
It takes me 3 hours by plane and 1 hour by bus to get to DZ Kolomna

Now THAT is dedication!!! :)
But maybe you should consider moving to California. Specifically, the northern Central Valley. There are 7 DZ's within 2 hours driving....;)

I believe 3000 km works out to about 1800 miles (1860 to be more exact). But hey, who's counting . I'm just yankin' your chain a bit and I'm sure you still got everyone beat though Eugina.
You sound hardcore to the core. How often do you make such a trek?

I believe 3000 km works out to about 1800 miles (1860 to be more exact). But hey, who's counting . I'm just yankin' your chain a bit and I'm sure you still got everyone beat though Eugina.

Doesn't any one read my posts:D:D
4000kms and 2hour car ride;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Doesn't any one read my posts:D:D
4000kms and 2hour car ride;)

Hmmm, yes you're right Squeak, I did overlook yours. My apologies, it appears you are the current leader. Keep up the good work .....

:P 5 minute to the one near to me 30 minutes to the other and 1 hour the the other 2 B| Life great living in south africa