BigWaveDave

Yeah!!! I finally have a rig!

I just wanted you all to know that I finally got my first rig!

It's about a 10 year old Javelin (nothing to look at or else I would have posted a pic), but the canopy (Sabre 170) is almost new...not even a 100 jumps on it yet.

The only bad thing is that it has some pink on the container. Not that its such a bad thing I guess, but being a guy I'm not too partial to pink. But I guess beggers can't be choosers, right?

No more renting gear for me!
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

Thanks! And yes, I will be buying pleanty of beer, probably with the money I'll be saving from not renting gear anymore.

So does this mean I'm a legitimate skydiver now?
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

The only bad thing is that it has some pink on the container. Not that its such a bad thing I guess, but being a guy I'm not too partial to pink. But I guess beggers can't be choosers, right?

Pink?... Pastel pink = Bad:P. Hot neon Pink = Badass colorB|.
I got my Reflex custom in Royal blue, Dark Purple for the main part and Hot neon Pink for the poptop and stripes. It has received many compliments, don't let anyone yank your chain over some color.

Congrat's on your first rig!

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I think once you made the decision that this sport was for you and you were going to continue in it you became a legitimate skydiver...B|

Well, the last 4 months that I've been involved in the sport has been the most exciting and rewarding 4 months of my life. Needless, to say, I think I'm sticking with it...

Once you come north and jump in the cold
you are even more legitimate!

That's not happening anytime soon! I grew up in Phoenix, now live in Tampa...this boy ain't made for cold weather.

Now give me a 115 degree day in Phoenix and I'd be happy.

Yep, my jumpsuit, as well as both (on order) container, and canopy all have a little hot pink on them... it started with the jumpsuit, but I figure if it looks good on the suit, and I'm buying stuff to match, it's gotta be there too. Hot Pink is COOOL

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Pink?... Pastel pink = Bad. Hot neon Pink = Badass color.

It USED to be hot pink but now it's almost pastel (sorry Dave, I couldn't resist ;))

Well...you've seen my rig. Does it make me look studly?

If you ever have a hard time with you pink rig, just find BCH7773 on these forums and make fun of him. He's got a gay rig, we hound him absolutly nonstop about it. :D:D
I would rather jump a pink rig that's MINE then any other that Isn't!!!!B|
=========Shaun ==========

You're right, I probably shouldn't care too much what the color is... The important thing is NO MORE RENTAL GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the support, maybe I'll be able to deal with having pink on the container after all.

The only bad thing is that it has some pink on the container. Not that its such a bad thing I guess, but being a guy I'm not too partial to pink.

And what is wrong with pink! :o

My first canopy was entirely pink...

and in that spirit when I got my voodoo I had a splash of pink added for old time sake...

guess we aren't all as in touch with our inner female :D;):D:ph34r:

EsG
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Pink...Neon..Well hell that aint so bad.. My second rig was A Naro made from PISA and I loved it . It had Neon Pink Neon Blue & Neon Yellow...I jumped the hell outta that thing....Most important... You said it no more renting Gear Man..B|

More Money for jumping way I see it Bro..
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.