bluewaterstream

Dropzone.com Classifieds

I can vouch for jumperconway. I bought his reserve. He delivered it quickly and was packaged good.

Judy:)

Thanks Judy:)Now aren't you ready for my Xaos 21-88 YET!?;)

Okay, lets swap your Xaos for my 116 Batwing with a speed kit. ;) The Batwing has new lines.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

>>my 116 Batwing with a speed kit. <<

Chris bought her that canopy when he was mad at her.

Its a good canopy Brent, tons of lift at the end, you just have get used to landing where you open cause your gonna drop out of the sky real quick.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I just bought a beauty of a rig through the dz.com classifieds. It helped a lot that the deal was brokered by a reputable dropzone gear dealer, who also posts on these forums. In fact, the previous owner is also a very well known dot commie. But I didn't know it was him until later on. Anyway, for my size, I'm hard to fit, I'm outside of the standard easy to fit male "envelope" of 5 ft something and 160-180 lbs. The canopies caught my attention, then the harness size, made for a guy my size. I ended up with a BEAUTIFUL rig that had been immaculately cared for, has everything I wanted - and more - and looks fantastic. The price was more than reasonable.

But as I said, the ad was posted by a reputable gear dealer on the owner's behalf. You need to excercise common sense caution and must insist on using a rigger's loft for a 3rd party inspection of the rig, and it should be agreed that you have something like 10 days or two weekends to return the rig for your money back.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

they don't have any of their profile info filled out and they have never posted in the forums, so basically no one here would probably know who this person is. Should I be skeptical about sending this cat $100

You've identified the red flags and answered your own question.

On the other hand, I bought a complete rig from Nightjumper who is a rigger who has posted on these forums for a while, and although the shipping part wasn't as smooth as either of us liked, he got his cash in an efficient manner and I got a great deal on a rig.

Count me as a satisfied DropZone.com classified customer.
AMDG

No fourm posts is not an indicator of a bad option to buy from in the Classifieds. I know a lot of skydivers all over the US from the last 5 years. Only a small fraction of them post in the fourms, but a lot of them have sold gear through the classifieds. Most of them have no idea what a profile is or even how to create/edit one. There was a time that you needed only to fill in the Email address to create an account on here, alot of people have accounts from back then still too. The Fourms are only a small selection of the whole site. If the fourms died tommorrow, Dropzone.com still would be the single best information for skydiving on the internet.

Blank profiles and no posts is not a sign or a bad buyer or bad seller, its just one of those quirks that were in the growing pains of this site.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com