xavenger

What's ur weirdest skydiving dream?

The most amusing one was this.
The DZO was in the driver seat of an old 70's station wagon, driving down the road with a bunch of the jumper regulars all piled in the back. Like we were a big family on the annual family camping trip or something. Like going to Wallyworld or whatever. We were getting loud and rowdy. The DZO can't concentrate on the road. "Pipe down back there!" he says. Weird. But funny. Sort of. I'd really like to know who my dream writers are.

I always have a malfunction dream within days of my reserve repack. The reserve always works and I land happily ever after! As for weirdness, ask Dave H. at SSM! I starred in one of his skydiving dreams...heh heh heh...not what you think, but very funny. Maybe he'll see this and post. Dave, are you out there?? Just fly by and I'll pick you up! BWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Attitude is everything!

lol, i just had to post my dream that i had last night. anyway, i dreamed that i was in the skydive houston otter, going up, and we're all just sittin there chilling, checking our gear and whatnot. then i happen to look out the window, and i see one of those big huge weird biplanes that the swedish dudes use zoom RIGHT by the plane. i mean, like yards away. i looked back in and said damn somebody just buzzed us and everybody looked at me like i was crazy and they were like, nah thats normal. then there were a bunch of different skydiving planes all over the place, cessnas, king airs, otters, CASAs, skyvans, Dc3s, you name it. it looked like what the plane formation would look like for an attempt for the 1,000 bigway. lol.. it was weird as hell.

I had a dream that i had to pull my reserve due to a malfunction of my main. No matter what i tried, the slider wouldn't come down. It felt like a real reserve ride (of course i have nothing to compare it to, since i still haven't had a reserve pull). I woke up that morning, trying to figure out if it really did happen or not.
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Does anyone know how to lucid dream (when you can control the content of your dream without waking up)???
I have read a lot about it and taught myself to do it. You have to be in the right stage of sleep in order to do it...it only happens to me when I wake up in the morning and go back to sleep for a little nap. I've only been able to do it maybe 10 times in my life. But from what I've read, you can teach yourself to do it nightly if you want.
The few lucid dreams I've had were great. I realize, Hey..I'm dreaming..I can do whatever I want! So I start flying around the block or beating someone up. Unfortunately, any time I've been in that state, I've failed to think of skydiving. Next time it happens, I'm doing an hour worth of freefall!

The movie Waking Life gives some insight into dreaming this way. Very cool movie.

In one dream, when I pulled just prior to hitting the earth, my jumpsuit inflated into a huge air bag.:$

Robin,

I heard some rumors that you actually tried this in real life but damn ADD fired before your jumpsuit inflated into a huge air bag ;);)

In one dream, when I pulled just prior to hitting the earth, my jumpsuit inflated into a huge air bag.:$

Robin,

I heard some rumors that you actually tried this in real life but damn ADD fired before your jumpsuit inflated into a huge air bag ;);)

Ooooh, you are SO gonna get it! >:(;)

Remember in the tunnel when I kept "accidently" kicking you in the head during centerpoint drills?

Yeah. I got pretty good at that, didn't I.
(There's more where that came from, bub...):ph34r:
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

Hi Megan, yes lucid dreaming is fantastic, as you are probably aware! When I was a kid I "woke up" inside a dream, had a complete realisation that I was dreaming, then woke up a few seconds later. For the moment I was there the dream was super clear - the environment felt "more" real than waking life.

I did some research in to it, then read lots of books about it .. and got pretty good at it, although you have to "work at it" to keep on getting them and I haven't had too many this last year.

Apart from the hundreds of different techniques you can use to induce lucid dreaming - the most useful tip I got was if I felt the dream "going", to look at the floor and make myself spin around. For some reason this stabilises the dream. Well it does for me.

Anyway, I never skydived in a lucid dream - and generally I found it difficult to make myself fly - although as per my original post, I'm having lots of skydiving dreams at the moment so maybe I should try make some of them lucid!

OK.. had a completely bizzarre one last night...

Was in my front garden and look up to see parachutes... apparently there is a DZ in the field behind my house that I've never noticed before! B| Anway, one of these chutes is a streamer and just keeps coming closer and closer - Finally, I can see it's a baby skydiver whose arms are too short to reach the reserve handle. The poor wee fella bounces about 6 feet away, stands up, lights a cigar and climbs over the wall into the DZ.... like I said. Bizzarre! :S:D I blame watching Good Stuff and the boogie pimps video before I went to bed last night...

Okay, okay .. I know what's going on here. I went down to the supermarket today to buy some more cheese .. and they'd run out of the good stuff for the first time, ever. Arrggghhhhhh!!!!

Damnit. I should have realised earlier that this thread would cause an international surge in blue cheese sales. I have a sneaking suspicion that
yoink alone has eaten at least 6 kilos of stilton, which I have it on good authority is the normal dose required to dream of skydiving, cigar smoking babies that bounce :-/

"Put the cheese down and step out of the vehicle"

My skydiving dreams are pretty much all the same. At break-off, I realize that I am way low. Not from my altimeter but by the looks of the ground comming up. I go for my pilot chute and in slow motion, I start groping. Slowly groping. Like moving through thick liquid. I then realize that I am going in. Then I wake up. I always wonder why I didn't think about my reserve handle. I do know its there cause I've used it before. I kind of look at them like reminders to keep us safe in real life. Moral.........DON'T GO LOW!!!
"SKYDIVERS HAVE MORE FUN THAN PEOPLE"

I have a sneaking suspicion that
yoink alone has eaten at least 6 kilos of stilton, which I have it on good authority is the normal dose required to dream of skydiving, cigar smoking babies that bounce :-/

"Put the cheese down and step out of the vehicle"

cheese dreams are trippy man, but that one was an all time winner!

Ooooh, you are SO gonna get it! >:(;)

Remember in the tunnel when I kept "accidently" kicking you in the head during centerpoint drills?

Yeah. I got pretty good at that, didn't I.
(There's more where that came from, bub...):ph34r:

Hey, don't forget that you still need me till the end of the season ;);)

Hey, don't forget that you still need me till the end of the season ;);)

Nice avatar, Sputnik. Yep, The next frame shows you with my foot in your face. That, my friend, was no dream. I suppose I do in fact need ya for the season... but on that last jump at nationals... you'd be well advised to break off just a litttttle early. lol
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”