Frizno

Bad opening

Okay, I fly a Sabre 2 150 and have but about a hundred jumps or so on it since I've bought it. About two months ago, on opening, it has started to do a VERY aggressive dive to the right. The following is what I thought it was:

A: My brake lines are twisted
B: My leg straps are different lengths
C: My tube stows (I recently changed over)
D: My pack job was jacked
E: My body position
F: My lines are now somehow different lengths

I have trouble shooted this thing for almost a month now and I can't figure out what it is, all the things above I have payed VERY close attention to and I feel like I have "corrected" them all (except for maybe the brake lines, my rig's at my riggers right now). Does anybody know anthing else that It might be? Oh ya, I'm jumping on the same drop zone. Thanks.

How many of those 100 jumps has it consistently dove agressively to the right? Does it seem to have any built in turns or anything?

I don't reckon that tube stows would cause the canopy to dive to the right.. more likely if the rubberbands/line stows were of very different strengths then it would cause the bag to turn/spin and cause line twists.

If your leg straps are different lengths that would have obviously been affecting openings the entire time you'd had the container.

I'm guessing the openings are probably coincidental, but if you're really worried about it, have your rigger check the trim of the canopy to the manufacturers specifications. If the trim is fine, its going to be something that you're doing.. like body position or packing or something.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I also have the sabre2..190. I had the same problem..opening to the right. Then someone in these post (sorry if I dont remember, and I should have to thank them) said to keep your feet and knees together upon deploying and bingo it worked
for me, run this past some instructors to see if they agree.

Have you read the warning label sewn on the canopy yet? The part where they state that the parachute might not work even when properly packed comes into play here...

You might want to fly the openings more. The more agressive the canopy, the more you need to fly the openings.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

For almost $2,000 it better be pretty damn close to perfect.

Wow! Almost $2k? I want you to be MY customer. ;)

Do you roll the nose? Maybe an end cell or two stayed closed on one side and not the other.

Tell me about your pack job.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I'm sorry I was so general....
Basically, often when a canopy turns on opening...like the snivel-snivel-snivel-BAM-turn-to-the-right it is quite often the person.
You reach up for your risers, or you look up at it, or you prepare yourself someway..who knows how, but in so doing that movement you influence the deployment. You are still in freefall until you have your pretty little rectangle open and above you. In my experience with my sabre(1) it often dives one way or the other, but when I actually started learning more about flying my canopy (my first canopy opened in like 300 feet, "the crippler/clipper"), after I put on a pocket slider, I had no idea what I was doing because I never had to really worry about flying an opening, I used to pull and WHAMMO. It really has more to do with an opening than most people think... it's so easy to blame the packjob, but that is hardly ever the case....
just my opinion.....(I can already hear the backlash)

Coupla things...what type of fastners do you have on your leg straps and are they stainless??? I know with the new fastners that Javelin and I believe that Mirage has out, they can slip if you do not "lock" them into place. Having them stainless also seems to compound the issue. I know people that didnt know that they had to lock these things down and had one legstrap extend fully. They have since sewn a bit on the legstrap to prevent this. Are your legstraps even when you land???

Another thought was that most people have one dominant leg over the other, thus being a bit wider. That could be a possibility...although remote. Anyways, have you been checking your legstraps to make sure that they are even before you jump? I seriously doubt that would cause that much of a turn with a Sabre 2, but you never know.

Another thing that could possibly cause a turn to happen is the issue that the Sabre 2 has with endcell closure. Is the canopy fully open or is one side still closed when this thing is diving???

Just a couple thoughts.