Squeak

Coaching costs

Since I'm going to be in Florida in Jan 2005, I'm wondering what the cost of coaching will be.
If i want to buget for a day of 5 or 6 coached jumps what can I expect to pay per jump.
Including
My slot coach slot and coach fee???
:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

At my DZ, the coaches only want me to pay for their slot and they'd appreciate a "tip"; it is customary to tip approximately $10. Seems fair to me...
But I've been to other DZs and the coach jumps are a flat $70! But I suppose these are world renowned individuals that I'd be coached by..they'd better be!:D

What kind of coaching? Freefly, belly, birdman, canopy, beer drinking.

I dont charge for Beerdrinking coaching but I do want a few aspirine the next day. But I thought you would get a better answer if people knew exactly what you were looking for, also there is the Tunnel coach option if your going to be in Florida.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I'll be getting some tunnel coaching aswell.
But aw you know nothing like skydiving improves your skydiving.
Mostly flat coaching with maybe one or two FF jumps:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In sebastain the Free fly training centre charge, your slot, the coaches slot and $35 to the coach. If you buy a book of coaching the fee comes down a bit.

It seems steep, but the coaches are awesome: Dave Brown, Sisco Neri and Chris Lynch. All VERY good free flyers. You get a very good breifing/insturction, the jump itself, which is video'd, a good de-breifing again with instruction and a copy of the jump.

I learned a lot from Dave Brown and Chris Lynch, and highly recommend both of them :)

**edited for dyslcexic reasons**
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Most of the professional coaches that I've jumped with will charge both slots and about 35 bucks extra. Sounds pricey, I know, but 95% of the guys that charge that do it for a reason. You get quality for those jumps. Plus if ya get lucky you could have a few cool freefly friends that will just charge you their slot, and maybe 5 bucks for the packjob, but you have to buy beer for that too. B|B|B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Slots and about 35 bucks and pack for someone very good at your discipline that has competed, or still is sounds correct. You will learn more in the tunnel and can often use the same coach as at the DZ.

One mistake I made was going to he tunnel getting some great tips and coaching then going back to the DZ and doing sloppy 20 way. Take what you learn in the tunnel and do drill dives with an other person from you discipline to reinforce what you have learned

I just recieved my coach ratings and the only charge that I am charging now is just my slot. If I can help it, I will not let money coming to me stop someone who wants to progress, I would rather coach for free than let money be a deciding factor for progression, especially when its a student. The reason I became a coach was to find a way to help others in anyway I can.
zulu