StearmanR985

Sabre 2 170 Demo OTW

I just demoed a Sabre2 (150) and I loved it! I found it to have much nicer (softer) openings than my Sabre. It is also more responsive than my canopy. Love the landings too! It has a really nice flare and I got a lot more surf out of it then I get with my Sabre.

I have a Safire2 to demo this weekend. I've been excited to try both these canopies for a while now. We'll see which one wins out in the end. :)
Have fun!

The Sabre2s are nice. I have about 30 jumps on my new Sabre2 190. I was jumping a Sabre 190 before. Very light toggle pressure(so much less compared to the student Sabres I was jumping), quicker response to toggle input than the Sabre and a nice flare.

Since you are going from a 7 cell you should like it even more.

Kris.

If your profile is up to date and you are jumping a Triathlon 175 now, you should do just fine with the Sabre2 170.. you're going to love it!

Iwan

Unless of course you're Iwan :P;)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I have a Safire2 to demo this weekend. I've been excited to try both these canopies for a while now. We'll see which one wins out in the end.

Definately give me your opinion on the safire2. I intend to demo one this summer also.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I have a Safire2 to demo this weekend. I've been excited to try both these canopies for a while now. We'll see which one wins out in the end. :)
Have fun!

How did you get a Safire2 to demo?? I would love to demo one but they won't let me. >:( >:(

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

How did you get a Safire2 to demo?? I would love to demo one but they won't let me.

I am interested to hear who told you you cant demo one. It is an awesome canopy. I personally think it has a bigger operating range than either the sabre2 or the lotus. Contact Icarus and Im sure they can hook you up with a demo or 2.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I personally think it has a bigger operating range than either the sabre2 or the lotus

Have ya flown the LotusMAX? That is an awwwwwwsome canopy.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

How did you get a Safire2 to demo?? I would love to demo one but they won't let me.

I am interested to hear who told you you cant demo one. It is an awesome canopy. I personally think it has a bigger operating range than either the sabre2 or the lotus. Contact Icarus and Im sure they can hook you up with a demo or 2.

It was last year, I called Icarus and they told me, "Uhhh, we don't have any to demo but there is a tour going around, maybe you can catch it somewhere." Things are different this year? I will call them and try again. B|

Edit: Maybe Icarus has learned something because sinse they would not let me demo a canopy - I bought something else. Don't know though.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I demo'd a Sabre2 190 at the Mardi Gras Boogie and liked it so much that I bought one for my new rig! PD has been really good about sending out demo's. In fact I was PMd a fews ago offering to send me the exact reserve that I ordered to demo as my main while I await the arrival of my rig. B|

I personally think it has a bigger operating range than either the sabre2 or the lotus

Have ya flown the LotusMAX? That is an awwwwwwsome canopy.

I have not seen any Lotus canopy's for sale, are they so new that there are no used for sale?

Yeah, I believe that's the case.

A little over year ago, I got my Lotus 170 with the prototype lineset that has become the LotusMAX. When my Samurai arrived last fall, I ended up selling it to the first person I let jump it. He fell in love right off the bat, so it didn't last on the market too long.

I know of a few other canopies which had the new lineset added to them in last year, but the changeover hadn't happened at Big Air's manufacturing contractor until this year.

Brian's LotusMAX press release is here, if you are interested.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I have not seen any Lotus canopy's for sale, are they so new that there are no used for sale?

Yup I spent most of the off season looking for a used 170, never found any used lotus .. not one, but its the one I wanted so I bought it new It'll be done in late MAY I'm so excited .. but waiting sucks..;):)

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.